Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa extension - moving RFE response to premium

Hi all,

I have a query regarding my H1B Visa extension (ie, moving my RFE response to premium).

I applied for my H1B visa extension in the last week of may of 2014 and it came to RFE in the 2nd week of August (from the USCIS website). My employer got a the communication letter last week asking for further info (I am not sure on what).

Right now I am contemplating moving to premium processing for my RFE response and my manager says he is willing to do this, but he also says that there are risks associated with premium processing as USCIS will be forced to give a response within 15 days.

He says that there are chances that they might reject the visa if they are not able to arrive at a decision within the response timeframe.

What are the chances of my H1B extension getting rejected just because of the reason that I am moving it to premium processing? can I safely move my RFE response and further processing to premium knowing it does not have any additional risks of rejection?

Thanks,
    Karthik Sivakumar

Originally posted by karthiksiva View Post
    Hi all,

I have a query regarding my H1B Visa extension (ie, moving my RFE response to premium).

I applied for my H1B visa extension in the last week of may of 2014 and it came to RFE in the 2nd week of August (from the USCIS website). My employer got a the communication letter last week asking for further info (I am not sure on what).

Right now I am contemplating moving to premium processing for my RFE response and my manager says he is willing to do this, but he also says that there are risks associated with premium processing as USCIS will be forced to give a response within 15 days.

He says that there are chances that they might reject the visa if they are not able to arrive at a decision within the response timeframe.

What are the chances of my H1B extension getting rejected just because of the reason that I am moving it to premium processing? can I safely move my RFE response and further processing to premium knowing it does not have any additional risks of rejection?

Thanks,
    Karthik Sivakumar
    Many people have a misconception that premium processing causes a rejection. What was the RFE for and the employer/manager should work on getting that cleared.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X