Employment bond between me and Indian company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment bond between me and Indian company

Hi, I used to work in Singapore for a company XYZ untill April 2013. My previous employer ABC (from India) with whom I worked for 2 years contacted me in 2011 and started processing my H1B. For this, they signed an Employment bond from me through which they can get Rs.7 lacs from me if I leave their California office before 24 months in USA.
    I have almost completed 15 months with them here in USA. I have a full time offer from an American company. But I am in a huge stress and dillemma about the legal implications they (company ABC) can have in India if I resign from here. I have around 6 years of experience and they havent provided me any trainings here. Company ABC is a small company with less than 50 employees
    Please refer below for the employment bond. Please advise asap

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140828_204529.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	591783Click image for larger version

Name:	20140828_204517.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	591782

Originally posted by shivanipatra2911 View Post
    Hi, I used to work in Singapore for a company XYZ untill April 2013. My previous employer ABC (from India) with whom I worked for 2 years contacted me in 2011 and started processing my H1B. For this, they signed an Employment bond from me through which they can get Rs.7 lacs from me if I leave their California office before 24 months in USA.
    I have almost completed 15 months with them here in USA. I have a full time offer from an American company. But I am in a huge stress and dillemma about the legal implications they (company ABC) can have in India if I resign from here. I have around 6 years of experience and they havent provided me any trainings here. Company ABC is a small company with less than 50 employees
    Please refer below for the employment bond. Please advise asap

[ATTACH]371[/ATTACH][ATTACH]370[/ATTACH]
    Such employment contracts are mostly one sided, but at the same time they are somewhat difficult to enforce. Do you have the H1 approval notice original/copy with you?
    Option 1: Complete 24 Months with them and then shift.
    Option 2: Leave them and join the next employer (of course only after the next employer's petition is approved). You most probably will not get the experience letter from the HR, and may be sent a legal notice. If they really trouble you contact a labor attorney to respond.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X