Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Premium processing delays

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • H1B Premium processing delays

    Hi Friends, I am needing you help out here.


    My case falls under the Cap exemption. My employer received the LCA approved and filed my H1 petition under the premium processing route through the Vermont center. Employer has received the receipt and same was shared with me. The receipt notice has both the Received Date and Notice Date as '07-Aug-2014'

    My case being a premium one, I was expecting the decision from USCIS within 15 days (i.e 29th Aug). However my status in the USCIS website still shows as 'Initial Review'.

    - Would a premium processing take more than 15 days (I haven't read in any forums) and will stay in 'Initial Review' ?

    - Is there chance that my employer hasn't filed my case in premium processing rather filed through the regular processing. If so is there a way i can find by reading the Receipt notice that I have?

    - I am based out of India, can I call USCIS to check the status? What number should i be dialing in from India?

    Would be great if you can get back to my queries. I am having a tough time not knowing on what is happening. Thanks - Guru

  • #2
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi Friends, I am needing you help out here.


    My case falls under the Cap exemption. My employer received the LCA approved and filed my H1 petition under the premium processing route through the Vermont center. Employer has received the receipt and same was shared with me. The receipt notice has both the Received Date and Notice Date as '07-Aug-2014'

    My case being a premium one, I was expecting the decision from USCIS within 15 days (i.e 29th Aug). However my status in the USCIS website still shows as 'Initial Review'.

    - Would a premium processing take more than 15 days (I haven't read in any forums) and will stay in 'Initial Review' ?

    - Is there chance that my employer hasn't filed my case in premium processing rather filed through the regular processing. If so is there a way i can find by reading the Receipt notice that I have?

    - I am based out of India, can I call USCIS to check the status? What number should i be dialing in from India?

    Would be great if you can get back to my queries. I am having a tough time not knowing on what is happening. Thanks - Guru
    Wait for few more days the decision will come either approved,RFE or rejected.Only your attorney or your employer can call you cannot...
    I think it is filed in premium bcoz you got the receipt immediately

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by snehanew View Post
      Wait for few more days the decision will come either approved,RFE or rejected.Only your attorney or your employer can call you cannot...
      I think it is filed in premium bcoz you got the receipt immediately

      Thanks Sneha. Your response sounds convincing. I will wait for few more days. I will keep you posted on how my case goes.

      Comment


      • #4
        Any update

        Any update on your case.
        My wife is also having same issue. No update beyond 15 days of premium processing.

        Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        Hi Friends, I am needing you help out here.


        My case falls under the Cap exemption. My employer received the LCA approved and filed my H1 petition under the premium processing route through the Vermont center. Employer has received the receipt and same was shared with me. The receipt notice has both the Received Date and Notice Date as '07-Aug-2014'

        My case being a premium one, I was expecting the decision from USCIS within 15 days (i.e 29th Aug). However my status in the USCIS website still shows as 'Initial Review'.

        - Would a premium processing take more than 15 days (I haven't read in any forums) and will stay in 'Initial Review' ?

        - Is there chance that my employer hasn't filed my case in premium processing rather filed through the regular processing. If so is there a way i can find by reading the Receipt notice that I have?

        - I am based out of India, can I call USCIS to check the status? What number should i be dialing in from India?

        Would be great if you can get back to my queries. I am having a tough time not knowing on what is happening. Thanks - Guru

        Comment


        • #5
          H1B extension premium Processing delayed. Its been more than 15 days no status change

          Originally posted by palaga52 View Post
          Any update on your case.
          My wife is also having same issue. No update beyond 15 days of premium processing.

          Hello all,
          Did you guys get any update on your cases ?
          I am also falling in same category. Its been more than 15 calendar days still My Premium Processing case status has not changed yet.
          Attorney is following to USCIS.
          Appreciate if you guys share your status/your approach you took

          Thanks
          Ravi

          Comment

          Working...
          X