Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling to US with H1B receipt notice and valid visa

Hi,
    I have a valid H1B visa stamped on my passport from company A, valid till 2016. I have never traveled to USA. On July 31, 2014, company A has revoked my petition.

Another company B filed for a H1B transfer on August 20, 2014. They are asking me to travel to USA with the H1B receipt. Can I travel to USA with the H1B receipt notice and valid visa (not to mention, i am entering USA for the first time)?

Please help me.

P.S. The attorney says as per a law AC21 section 105, i can travel to US with the H1B receipt notice.

Traveling to US with H1B receipt notice and valid visa

You are risking yourself and At the POE, The officer would ask for your approved petition and you will be in a great trouble when that happens.

Why don't your employer upgrade the petition to premium and get the result in 15 days? You can travel along with your approved petition and existing valid visa stamped on the passport. It will give you peace of mind.

This is my opinion..

Comment

Originally posted by rarate View Post
      Hi,
      I have a valid H1B visa stamped on my passport from company A, valid till 2016. I have never traveled to USA. On July 31, 2014, company A has revoked my petition.

Another company B filed for a H1B transfer on August 20, 2014. They are asking me to travel to USA with the H1B receipt. Can I travel to USA with the H1B receipt notice and valid visa (not to mention, i am entering USA for the first time)?

Please help me.

P.S. The attorney says as per a law AC21 section 105, i can travel to US with the H1B receipt notice.
      Risky to travel,you need the new petition from company B

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X