Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g query

Hi,

I had recieved a 221g in my Visa interview at Chennai as my an attachment was missing in the I-129 H supplement. I have couple of questions regarding this.

1) On the visa refusal letter (the green letter) the Consulate officer marked the method for submitting the documents (for further processing) as "using a VFS services drop box". Can I still approach the consulate in person? Is there any significant delay in using the dropbox service?

2) In my new DS156 should I answer yes to the question 31. (has your visa ever been refused?)

thanks in advance for your replies.

krishn.

1. Do as what they asked you to do.

2. Yes.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Dont go in person, Do what you are asked to do Sir.

Yes should be the answer to the next question, you are given a refusal letter too.
      NOT A LEGAL ADVISER
      USE IT AT YOUR RISK

STRONGLY BELIVE US VISA IS A LOTTERY WON BY MANY .

Comment

Hi,

I have one additional question. Can you please help me with this one too.
        1. The refusal letter mentions that I need to submit the following along with requested information. (The requested information was client job details + a missing attachment for H-classification supplement)
        - passport
        - ds-156
        - ds-157
        - photograph
        - i-797, I-129, LCA
        - visa issuance fee
        - A copy of the refusal letter

Do I need to submit any other information. In my first interview they didnt ask me much. DO I need to enclose stuff like my earlier payslips, degree certificate copies etc or should I just follow the instructions to the dot?

Also would there be a very significant delay in getting to know when my visa will be through?. (as I now will be submitting though the VFS drop box facility).

Thanks for your clarifications. Your responses are of great help to me.

krishn

Comment

I would submit only the requested ones.
          NOT A LEGAL ADVISER
          USE IT AT YOUR RISK

STRONGLY BELIVE US VISA IS A LOTTERY WON BY MANY .

Comment

My wife was also asked to use the drop box the 2nd time and we sent all the documents and not the only docs asked to be on the safer side. We received the stamped visa 3 1/2 weeks after drop box and they returned all our documents

Comment

Thankyou all for your responses. So one can expect a turnaround of 3 1/2 weeks too? I wonder if this is typical. At the VFS drop box facility, will there be any staff to check the documents or we just drop?

krishn

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X