Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of Refusal Letter

Hello All,

I had applied for a F1 visa in the year 2011 and I was refused the first time. I DID receive a refusal letter after which I applied for visa again and it was approved. Currently I am applying for a H1B; And during this process, I have been asked to enter my reason for refusal in the DS160 form on the first attempt. Unfortunately I have not been able to retrieve the refusal letter nor the information related to it. I did ask the consulate on what I can do, and they said that "We would not be able to suggest you as to how the form needs to be filled. Kindly fill the form truthfully to the best of your knowledge and as per the documentary evidence that you possess.". Has anyone come across this situation and if so can you please tell me what was done.

Thanks a bunch!

Just complete your DS-160 with the best information you can recall.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Vikas Sastry View Post
    Hello All,

I had applied for a F1 visa in the year 2011 and I was refused the first time. I DID receive a refusal letter after which I applied for visa again and it was approved. Currently I am applying for a H1B; And during this process, I have been asked to enter my reason for refusal in the DS160 form on the first attempt. Unfortunately I have not been able to retrieve the refusal letter nor the information related to it. I did ask the consulate on what I can do, and they said that "We would not be able to suggest you as to how the form needs to be filled. Kindly fill the form truthfully to the best of your knowledge and as per the documentary evidence that you possess.". Has anyone come across this situation and if so can you please tell me what was done.

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X