Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 Transfer status after Visa stamping from earlier H1 petition done post H1 Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer status after Visa stamping from earlier H1 petition done post H1 Transfer

Scenario: Below are the events in chronological order
    1. Company A I'm working for right now files H1 extension and it is approved by USCIS in Feb'14. Approval is till June 2015
    2. I get an offer from Company B, but due to emergency I go back to India in Feb'14
    3. Company B files H1 transfer while I'm in India in Apr'14 through premium processing and is approved by USCIS in Apr'14.Approval is till April 2015
    4. Company B asks me to get Visa stamping done by myself and reach US to join them but I refuse to do that.
    5. I get stamping done through Company A in August 2014. Visa stamping valid till June 2015. I reach US
    6. Company B is requesting me to join ASAP.

Questions:
    1. Is it legally correct to join Company B since I have my stamping done through an earlier petition from Company A and not through the petition from Company B? Stamping has been done in August 2014 through Company A but Company B's H1 transfer got approved in April 2014
    2. I have Visa stamping from Company A till June 2015 . If I join Company B and if I go to India before June 2015, should I get stamping done through Company B?
    3. Inspite of H1 transfer being approved, can there be any legal trouble if I choose not to join Company B?

H1 Transfer status after Visa stamping from earlier H1 petition done post H1 Transfer

1. Are you still working with A? Where are you currently located? Did you quit A when you left to India?

This is my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by kadkhiq81 View Post
      1. Are you still working with A? Where are you currently located? Did you quit A when you left to India?

This is my opinion
      Kadkhiq81,
      For some reason, I could not see whatever you typed after "This is my opinion"

To your questions: I didn't quit A when I went back. I worked at offshore for the same company. I'm still working with A and I have come to US now for a new assignment.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X