Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Cap Exempt Question

Hi,

I am working for Employer A (non-profit) since 2011 on a cap-exempt H1 visa. Employer B (for-profit) sponsored me a H1 in 2013 and it was approved but I never took that job. Still employed with Employer A on cap-exempt visa.

Now, Employer C (for-profit) offered me a job and wants to sponsor a H1. Will there be any issues with approval of this new H1 in terms of quota? Since I was already counted against the quota through Employer B (though I didn't take that job), am I technically eligible to get a new H1 through Employer C?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Originally posted by anarchy View Post
    Hi,

I am working for Employer A (non-profit) since 2011 on a cap-exempt H1 visa. Employer B (for-profit) sponsored me a H1 in 2013 and it was approved but I never took that job. Still employed with Employer A on cap-exempt visa.

Now, Employer C (for-profit) offered me a job and wants to sponsor a H1. Will there be any issues with approval of this new H1 in terms of quota? Since I was already counted against the quota through Employer B (though I didn't take that job), am I technically eligible to get a new H1 through Employer C?

Thanks!
    I am in a similar situation. working for cap-exempt employer and have an approved cap-subject petition, effective oct1st, through employer B. Now, I wish not to join employer B. But, if he withdraws the H1 before oct 1st, would I still be cap-exempt? what happens if he withdraws after oct 1st? This is all so confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by anarchy View Post
      Hi,

Thanks!

I am also in the same situation, any inputs please

Comment

Bump.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X