Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Information on Effects of Scoliosis on Immigrant Visa

Hi,

I have Scoliosis, its a disease that makes a curve in the SPINE. I came to know about this when I got the employment offer from Kuwait, however, when I had to go for medical test, I failed medical and they told me that I have Scoliosis and I can't ever go to any of the Gulf Countries. I never faced any kind of physical issues because of this disease. I am physically fit, however, they declared me physically unfit because of the disease. I wanna work overseas, so I want to try again and again. Scoliosis comes under the result of Chest X-Ray and X-ray is very common for every country's medical policies. I know I won't be able to pass the Chest X-ray because of Scoliosis.
    I just want to know that if I get the employment offer from other countries (USA, Australia, Singapore, UK, Canada, Others), and as I never faced any kind of physical issues because of Scoliosis, So would there be any exception under the medical policies for any of the countries. I am really looking for an accurate answer. Please reply me if anyone have any idea info about this.

For a family-based immigrant visa to the U.S., Scollosis would not be a barrier to granting of a visa.

But employment-based visas for most countries require stricter medical reviews, to avoid possible employer problems with medical conditions of expat employees.

--Ray B

Originally posted by itsme24 View Post
    Hi,

I have Scoliosis, its a disease that makes a curve in the SPINE. I came to know about this when I got the employment offer from Kuwait, however, when I had to go for medical test, I failed medical and they told me that I have Scoliosis and I can't ever go to any of the Gulf Countries. I never faced any kind of physical issues because of this disease. I am physically fit, however, they declared me physically unfit because of the disease. I wanna work overseas, so I want to try again and again. Scoliosis comes under the result of Chest X-Ray and X-ray is very common for every country's medical policies. I know I won't be able to pass the Chest X-ray because of Scoliosis.
    I just want to know that if I get the employment offer from other countries (USA, Australia, Singapore, UK, Canada, Others), and as I never faced any kind of physical issues because of Scoliosis, So would there be any exception under the medical policies for any of the countries. I am really looking for an accurate answer. Please reply me if anyone have any idea info about this.

Comment

Hi Ray B,

Thanks for the reply.

It's not a threat to the public.

What if my Scoliosis is not severe and it won't effect on my normal life. There is the severity level for scoliosis. If the scoliosis curve is under 30 degree then its normal. There won't be any physical impacts on the body. I am really desperate to work overseas. I don't wanna miss the opportunities just because of the thing that is not in my hand. Please suggest me with the best possible solution.

Comment

I can't advise of any way to overcome employment-based medical exam requirements. Depending on your country and any recruitment agencies and employers involved, the requirements may vary. I can only offer advice about medical exams required for U.S. family-based immigrant visas.

--Ray B

Hi Ray B,

Thanks for the reply.

It's not a threat to the public.

What if my Scoliosis is not severe and it won't effect on my normal life. There is the severity level for scoliosis. If the scoliosis curve is under 30 degree then its normal. There won't be any physical impacts on the body. I am really desperate to work overseas. I don't wanna miss the opportunities just because of the thing that is not in my hand. Please suggest me with the best possible solution.

Comment

Okay. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Scoliosis not a DISEASE

Hi,

Dear,

Scoliosis not a DISEASE, its a deformity. I dont know if VISA is possible with this deformity. If you get to know more about VISA to any country please do let me know also.
            I was told that since its something that cant be transmitted to another person hence VISA should not be an issue also since no surgery is required to have you a normal life so it shld be okay. as you would be on medicines for support like pain killers etc...

Regards,
            Jasmine

Comment

what was the degree ?? did you cross check it??? ...

What was the degree of scolosis ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X