Visitor B1 to H4 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor B1 to H4 Visa

I am having a H1 visa and finance posses Visitor B1 visa.
    So my question is,
    can she travel with me with B1 visa after marriage and after that can I apply her H4 from us itself.
    And if I apply for H4 then what are the difficulty I will see compare to applying H4 from india only

Originally posted by visahelp04 View Post
    I am having a H1 visa and finance posses Visitor B1 visa.
    So my question is,
    can she travel with me with B1 visa after marriage and after that can I apply her H4 from us itself.
    And if I apply for H4 then what are the difficulty I will see compare to applying H4 from india only
    USCIS is not very appreciative of COS especially B1/B2 to another one. The second issue is the time frame, sometimes it can take Months and if B2 I-94 expires it can be an issue. Thirdly, with a H1 husband already in US, it can sometimes be quite difficult to gain entry on a B1/B2.

What is the concern in going for H4 stamping and doing things the cleaner way?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks raghvi for your input. My concen is I am moving to US early next month ie oct and our marriage date is not yet finalized.
      And next time right after my marriage I want to take her US with me but to initiate H4 after marriage will take atleast a month and I want to avoid this condition where she need to travel after me.
      so I was thinking to go for a court marriage in this month only so that H4 can be initiated for her and later we can do marriage as per hindi norms.
      what is your opinion on this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X