No announcement yet.

Visa stamping prior to visa expiration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa stamping prior to visa expiration.

I am working for employer A and my visa is transferred to employer B. I am visiting country outside USA. My current visa stamping is getting expired on Oct 20, 2014. New I797 is filled for next 3 years.

My question: can I go for visa stamping before my visa expires. i.e. Can I get my visa stamped on or before Sept 30, 2014 and travel to USA with extended visa.

Thanks,
    Shah

Originally posted by connectshah View Post
    I am working for employer A and my visa is transferred to employer B. I am visiting country outside USA. My current visa stamping is getting expired on Oct 20, 2014. New I797 is filled for next 3 years.

My question: can I go for visa stamping before my visa expires. i.e. Can I get my visa stamped on or before Sept 30, 2014 and travel to USA with extended visa.

Thanks,
    Shah
    he timing can sometimes be a catchy issue. If you go ahead with the stamping along with the new petition, the old visa will be cancelled and the new visa will begin from Petition start date, now if petition start date is Oct 21st, for example, your visa would also begin from that date, thereby you would have to stay out of US till at least Oct 11th and you would be able to start work only from OCt 21st. I would say to be on the safe side keep as much minimum gap between fresh stamping date and old visa expiry date.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for prompt reply.

I have new petition effective from August 30, 2014. However I was under impression that I can go for stamping only if visa gets expired.
      Kindly throw light on this, is it myth or truth - I can get a non expired visa stamping with new employer details (which includes the visa extension dates)

Regards,
      Shah

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X