Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B approved at Ottawa but no PIMS

Hi

Today I attended my h1b interview with my wife and 4 month kid and happy to say that its approved but VO said that my PIMS is not updated. I was wondering how many days it might take i am lil bit worried because I am in Ottawa, Canada. Senior members please advise

I checked status at this page https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx? and it is showing as Admin Processing. Is it because they are waiting for PIMS update? I am very much tensed now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kumar1128 View Post
      I checked status at this page https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx? and it is showing as Admin Processing. Is it because they are waiting for PIMS update? I am very much tensed now.
      It will take max of 1 week not more than that if it is only PIMS issue..

Comment

Thanks Sneha

Comment

Tracked it today and it is updated to "Issued" from "Admin Processing"

Comment

Received an email from Loomis that they have picked up my passport from embassy. I am giving updates here to let others to estimate if any one is going through the same situation.

Comment

I am in same boat - please suggest

Originally posted by Kumar1128 View Post
              Received an email from Loomis that they have picked up my passport from embassy. I am giving updates here to let others to estimate if any one is going through the same situation.
              Hi Kumar,

I am also in same boat. I have attended interview on 29th along with my family. Interview completed fine. At the end visa officer tried to get something from the system by typing something from my I-797 but could not get that. Finally she took our passports and I-797 and told to check the status online without informing anything about our visa approval. Till today it was 'Admin processing'.
              Is the visa approved? How can we know whether visa approved or not in a stage of Admin processing?
              Is the officer not able to get my petition data from PIMS? Is my case related to PIMS?

Can you suggest please.

Kumar

Comment

h1b no pims

Originally posted by kumar75 View Post
                Hi Kumar,

I am also in same boat. I have attended interview on 29th along with my family. Interview completed fine. At the end visa officer tried to get something from the system by typing something from my I-797 but could not get that. Finally she took our passports and I-797 and told to check the status online without informing anything about our visa approval. Till today it was 'Admin processing'.
                Is the visa approved? How can we know whether visa approved or not in a stage of Admin processing?
                Is the officer not able to get my petition data from PIMS? Is my case related to PIMS?

Can you suggest please.

Kumar
                hi kumar,
                i am on the same boat as well, would you be able to tell me how long it took in your case.
                thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X