Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B Transfer, Current H-1B Authorization expired

Hello All,
    I would truly appreciate all of your help on this.
    I was employed with Company A under H-1B authorization for the past three years. My current authorization and visa expires on 09/30/14.
    However, I have filed a new petition with a new employer in August and received the receipt notice on 08/15/14, which allowed me to start employment with this new Company (Company B) right away.
    About a week later, we have received a letter from the USCIS asking for more evidence to justify my position with this company, which we are working on putting together, and we have until 11/12/14 to submit all the info.
    My issue now is based on two things:

1) Since I did not have to wait for the final approval of this new petition to start working with the new employer, is it still legal for me to continue to work with them while we are gathering all the additional evidence, even after the expiration of my current authorization?

2) What can I do renew my personal information in the meantime? For example, my Driver's license expires on the same date that my current authorization expires. Is there a form or document that I can file or keep with me at all times to prove that I am still here in the US legally.

Your help on this would be greatly appreciated.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X