Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Transfer - Visa Stamping on India Trip - Have the rules changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer - Visa Stamping on India Trip - Have the rules changed?

In most immigration forums (including immihelp), the message seems to be clear that H1B stamping and H1B status are independent, and we can re-enter US after an H1B transfer with the old employer's visa stamp and new employer's I-797. However, ustraveldocs seems to think differently, which makes me think if I should book a stamping appointment when I go to India this december:

Q.13 I have a valid H1B visa which contains my previous petitioner’s details. I have changed my employer with valid I-797 and am back in India for a short trip. Can I travel back to US on the same visa or do I need to apply for a new visa?Can a person on a dependent visa work in the US?
    In general, if you have a new petition with a different employer, you need to apply for a new visa. In certain situations (such as corporate restructuring), it may be possible to travel back with your current I-797 and visa. Further information can be found through the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Info Center.

Have the rules changed recently and immihelp is not upto date as a result or has the rule always been in place, but somehow not strictly enforced? Some clarity would be greatly appreciated!!!

I have no reason to believe what they are saying is correct.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      I have no reason to believe what they are saying is correct.
      So is it good to travel with valid visa from old employer with new 797??

Comment

I would say Yes.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X