DS-160 for H4 visa Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 for H4 visa Question

Background: Filling the DS-160 form for my wife on H4 visa. My H1b visa is approved and already stamped. She worked for a year in an IT company but left without informing her employer bcoz of all the BOND system. Therefore she doesn't have the relieving letter from her employer.

DS-160 form Question : Were you previously employed?

Q1. What should be written here? Do we mention that she worked?
    Q2. If yes, then what would happen if the VO asks for the relieving letter?
    Q3. If no, then what should we say if the VO asks what did she do for 2.5 yrs after her graduation?

Please reply. Thank you in advance.

Hello, Calisir.

Actually, the best policy is not to be dishonest. Your wife is getting H4 visa for being your wife (as you hold the H1B - which is the central piece here) and not for being a former employee of company XYZ. So, you furnish the relieving letter or not, it alone does not change the outcome of your wife's visa.

You could explain to the Visa Officer that your wife left on unfriendly terms so there is no relieving letter. I do not think they will even ask for this relieving letter. But, one in a thousand chance you are asked for Relieving Letter, you could show the Appointment Letter or some other proof and say you do not have Relieving Letter (and explain the situation broadly).

Everything you tell an American official goes in the system and stays, especially for visa related matter. So, please be careful with what you tell them. I do not feel you have anything to worry so much.

I hope this helps. Personal opinion.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,

Originally posted by calisir View Post
    Background: Filling the DS-160 form for my wife on H4 visa. My H1b visa is approved and already stamped. She worked for a year in an IT company but left without informing her employer bcoz of all the BOND system. Therefore she doesn't have the relieving letter from her employer.

DS-160 form Question : Were you previously employed?

Q1. What should be written here? Do we mention that she worked?
    Q2. If yes, then what would happen if the VO asks for the relieving letter?
    Q3. If no, then what should we say if the VO asks what did she do for 2.5 yrs after her graduation?

Please reply. Thank you in advance.
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

thank you

Thank you Nattybone for you quick reply. Whatever you have suggested here makes complete sense. The only worry I am having is that they (VO) should not get a negative sense/feeling by the person not showing a valid relieving letter, if asked.

Any more suggestions are welcome from other viewers.

calisir

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
      Hello, Calisir.

Actually, the best policy is not to be dishonest. Your wife is getting H4 visa for being your wife (as you hold the H1B - which is the central piece here) and not for being a former employee of company XYZ. So, you furnish the relieving letter or not, it alone does not change the outcome of your wife's visa.

You could explain to the Visa Officer that your wife left on unfriendly terms so there is no relieving letter. I do not think they will even ask for this relieving letter. But, one in a thousand chance you are asked for Relieving Letter, you could show the Appointment Letter or some other proof and say you do not have Relieving Letter (and explain the situation broadly).

Everything you tell an American official goes in the system and stays, especially for visa related matter. So, please be careful with what you tell them. I do not feel you have anything to worry so much.

I hope this helps. Personal opinion.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X