H1B Visa appointment rescheduling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa appointment rescheduling

Hi, I am very confused and need your help.

I had scheduled my appointment with OFC on 5th October and interview at the consulate on 6th October at Chennai. I received the below email on 1st Octber:

------
    Greetings from the U.S. Consulate in Chennai,

In honor of the Bakrid holiday declared by the Tamil Nadu state government on Monday, October 6th 2014, the U.S. Consulate General, Chennai will be closed to the public on October 6th , 2014.

• If you have a visa interview appointment scheduled for October 6th, 2014 at the U.S. Consulate in Chennai and you have already attended your biometric collection appointment at the Visa Application Center – you will need to e-mail the call center at [email protected] to unlock your appointment to subsequently reschedule both appointments at the Visa Application Center and at the U.S. Consulate General, Chennai.

• If you have a visa interview appointment scheduled for October 6th , 2014 at the U.S. Consulate in Chennai and you have scheduled your biometric collection appointment at the Visa Application Center for October 5th, 2014 or October 6th, 2014 – you will have to cancel and reschedule both appointments. Simply log in to your profile by clicking here and reschedule both your appointments at the Visa Application Center and at the U.S. Consulate General, Chennai. You do not need to contact the call center.

We regret the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
    Non-Immigrant Visa Unit
    U.S. Consulate in Chennai
    -------

Based on the email I have cancelled the appointment and I am trying to reschedule...if i am right only way to reschedule is to cancel and schedule again?

When I trying to schedule the appointment again system is asking me to enter the MRV receipt number. This is a surprise as I had made the payment online before using NEFT and receipt got auto populated...

Can you please tell if i have messed up something?

Also, to add to my original question. Can you please confirm the below as well:

1. What is the exact process of rescheduling a visa appointment?

2. Is there a limitation with number of times a person can cancel a appointment?

3. IS my understanding correct that for reschedule...cancellation is a perquisite?

Thank you,
    Guru

Do not worry. All you have to do is to enter the BAnk Receipt Number in the column asked and proceed with scheduling of both the appointment slots.

1. In your case, you need not cancel the existing one.. You can go back to "schedule appointment" link and follow the steps.
    2. two times..so dnt cancel your third one.
    3. NO

Hope this helps.. if you dnt have a bank ref number, call callcenter for info.

thanks
    HR

Comment

Appointment rescheduling issues sorted

Originally posted by hardrock View Post
      Do not worry. All you have to do is to enter the BAnk Receipt Number in the column asked and proceed with scheduling of both the appointment slots.

1. In your case, you need not cancel the existing one.. You can go back to "schedule appointment" link and follow the steps.
      2. two times..so dnt cancel your third one.
      3. NO

Hope this helps.. if you dnt have a bank ref number, call callcenter for info.

thanks
      HR
      ------

Thanks for your response. Support staff from the '[email protected]' came back to me saying my receipt is unlocked. After which the receipt number started appearing automatically (with no option to edit) in the website. I was able to schedule appointments.

In fact I am done with my OFC today and my consulate appointment is scheduled for 14th October.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        ------

Thanks for your response. Support staff from the '[email protected]' came back to me saying my receipt is unlocked. After which the receipt number started appearing automatically (with no option to edit) in the website. I was able to schedule appointments.

In fact I am done with my OFC today and my consulate appointment is scheduled for 14th October.

Did that work for you ?
        After cancel, how much time it takes to auto-reflect the receipt number.?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X