H1B Extension and Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension and Transfer

My H1B was stamped in India(with cmpny A) from Oct 2011 and was valid till Oct 2014 and I travelled to USA before the Visa expiry (ie. before Oct 2014) now My H1B Visa petition is now approved till 30 June 2016 with cmpny A and now suppose if I search for a new job somewhere around Nov 2015 and will the other companies in USA consider my case(or be interested in me), if I have only 6 months of H1B petition valid?.

Tx, Monali

Originally posted by monalidas.6 View Post
    My H1B was stamped in India(with cmpny A) from Oct 2011 and was valid till Oct 2014 and I travelled to USA before the Visa expiry (ie. before Oct 2014) now My H1B Visa petition is now approved till 30 June 2016 with cmpny A and now suppose if I search for a new job somewhere around Nov 2015 and will the other companies in USA consider my case(or be interested in me), if I have only 6 months of H1B petition valid?.

Tx, Monali
    First determine how many days you have already spent in US. On an active H1 in last 6 Years, a H1 petition can be renewed till 6 Years physical stay are not exhausted.

I think more than petition validity, what you need to see is your skill set as well as time already spent in US. If by Nov 2015 you would have already spent over 5 Years in US, then lesser companies may show interest, as you basically cannot stay beyond 6th Year if your GC process has not started timely. They may still be interested if your skill sets are in demand/rare but you also have to plan to get GC filed timely in order to stay beyond 6th Year.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      First determine how many days you have already spent in US. On an active H1 in last 6 Years, a H1 petition can be renewed till 6 Years physical stay are not exhausted.

I think more than petition validity, what you need to see is your skill set as well as time already spent in US. If by Nov 2015 you would have already spent over 5 Years in US, then lesser companies may show interest, as you basically cannot stay beyond 6th Year if your GC process has not started timely. They may still be interested if your skill sets are in demand/rare but you also have to plan to get GC filed timely in order to stay beyond 6th Year.

Thanks a bunch for the response.
      My physical stay in USA is approx 18 months till date and my skill set is .NET. Hence , as per your opinion , do I have a fair chance in this case?.
      Thanks.

Comment

My physical stay in USA is approx 18 months till date and my skill set is .NET. Hence , as per your opinion , do I have a fair chance in this case?.
        Thanks.
        Thanks.

Comment

Thanks.
          Visa/petition duration wise you have ample time to reclaim. As for technology .Net, it depends upon the market and opportunities out there.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X