New Delhi: 221(g) issued on H1-B interview day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Delhi: 221(g) issued on H1-B interview day

I have done MS Biotech from the same university in which I have been working now since 3 years, used my OPT, STEM and now on H1-B for the same employer. I have my I-797 approved till May 2017. I went for my H1-B Visa interview on 9th September 2014 as I came to India to visit my family, VO asked following questions:

VO:Hello Ma'am how are you?
    Me:Hello, I am fine, how about you! Handed over my passport with a copy of approved I-797 attached to it.
    VO: What is the purpose of your visit?
    Me: Going there to continue my work in a laboratory at XYZ university
    VO: What kind of work are you involved with?
    Me: I handle clinical samples from cancer patients as the lab I work for is supporting a clinical trial for cancer patients.
    VO: Enters something in his computer and asks me to go to counter 30, where an Indian lady hands me the 221(g) slip with a list of additional documents that are required to be e-mailed to the embassy for additional administrative processing.

I prepared all documents in the format that was specified in the 221(g) slip and sent them on 10th September 2014. It has been exactly 4 weeks now and no update has been posted yet on ceac.state.gov yet, it keeps displaying the last update on my case was on my interview date (9th Sep'2014). I know that anybody who has gone through this procedure understands what I am currently going through. My employers are currently supportive as I have been working for them since 3 years. But the unpredictability of this process is unnerving.

Today I inquired the status of my passport using the telephone numbers provided by VFS to track your passport, and the automated voice on the other end asked me to enter my UID, I entered it and the automated voice told me that my documents are with the post. Whereas the online passport status checking tool gives me this message when I enter my passport number "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted". All this is so confusing!

Please let me know if anyone else is having or has recently had similar experience. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by guptami View Post
    I have done MS Biotech from the same university in which I have been working now since 3 years, used my OPT, STEM and now on H1-B for the same employer. I have my I-797 approved till May 2017. I went for my H1-B Visa interview on 9th September 2014 as I came to India to visit my family, VO asked following questions:

VO:Hello Ma'am how are you?
    Me:Hello, I am fine, how about you! Handed over my passport with a copy of approved I-797 attached to it.
    VO: What is the purpose of your visit?
    Me: Going there to continue my work in a laboratory at XYZ university
    VO: What kind of work are you involved with?
    Me: I handle clinical samples from cancer patients as the lab I work for is supporting a clinical trial for cancer patients.
    VO: Enters something in his computer and asks me to go to counter 30, where an Indian lady hands me the 221(g) slip with a list of additional documents that are required to be e-mailed to the embassy for additional administrative processing.

I prepared all documents in the format that was specified in the 221(g) slip and sent them on 10th September 2014. It has been exactly 4 weeks now and no update has been posted yet on ceac.state.gov yet, it keeps displaying the last update on my case was on my interview date (9th Sep'2014). I know that anybody who has gone through this procedure understands what I am currently going through. My employers are currently supportive as I have been working for them since 3 years. But the unpredictability of this process is unnerving.

Today I inquired the status of my passport using the telephone numbers provided by VFS to track your passport, and the automated voice on the other end asked me to enter my UID, I entered it and the automated voice told me that my documents are with the post. Whereas the online passport status checking tool gives me this message when I enter my passport number "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted". All this is so confusing!

Please let me know if anyone else is having or has recently had similar experience. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
    Mostly it would have gone under TAL check,so now the minimal wait period is 75 days,when was your VI date?

Comment

Hi Sneha:
      My VI date was 9th September, 4 weeks have passed already!

Comment

STEM OPT -> H1-B petition Approved -> 221g Chennai

Hi Guptami,

I'm in the same state as well. I attended h1 visa interview in sep 1st week and was issued 221g. I emailed the requested documents in sep last week. My status is still under administrative processing.

Is you H1-B applicable from october 1st 2014 ? Were you working on STEM OPT ? If so, Did you enter back US on STEM OPT ? Could you please share wats ur update. I'm still stuck in India.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X