Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gap During H1B Transfer

Hi,

I thought you could help me with some suggestion. I have been on H1B at company A. Recently I have got another offer from company B. B has filed my H1B transfer through premium and is approved already. My last working day at company A is 10/21. New company B has requested me to join on 10/27 as that would be a fresh week start. I will not be working from 10/22 to 10/26, total 5 days including 2 days week end. will this be okay? Will this gap cause any problem?

Any insights will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Praveen

Hello, Praveen.

Please try to not have gaps in employment. Your visa depends on your work status and if you are not working then it might lead to difficulty. Can you ask your earlier employer to extend employment for these days or your future employer could give you an early start.

Please do check with an Immigration Attorney. Good thing is that your visa transfer is already approved but still would not hurt to check. I know of someone who was given Consular Processing because he was out of status for 8 days.

Personal opinion. Some say upto a week's gap is ok. Again, it is your visa so you should try to exercise diligence. Wishing you all the best, my friend.

Cheers,

Originally posted by dornalpr View Post
    Hi,

I thought you could help me with some suggestion. I have been on H1B at company A. Recently I have got another offer from company B. B has filed my H1B transfer through premium and is approved already. My last working day at company A is 10/21. New company B has requested me to join on 10/27 as that would be a fresh week start. I will not be working from 10/22 to 10/26, total 5 days including 2 days week end. will this be okay? Will this gap cause any problem?

Any insights will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Praveen
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Thank you Sir for the inputs. I will request my current employer to extend till 10/24 as this is week end. 10/25, 10/26 are Saturday, Sunday and I hope this should not be a problem.

Thank you Once Again
      Praveen

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
      Hello, Praveen.

Please try to not have gaps in employment. Your visa depends on your work status and if you are not working then it might lead to difficulty. Can you ask your earlier employer to extend employment for these days or your future employer could give you an early start.

Please do check with an Immigration Attorney. Good thing is that your visa transfer is already approved but still would not hurt to check. I know of someone who was given Consular Processing because he was out of status for 8 days.

Personal opinion. Some say upto a week's gap is ok. Again, it is your visa so you should try to exercise diligence. Wishing you all the best, my friend.

Cheers,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X