Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT -- Can I use old and valid H1 petition to start job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT -- Can I use old and valid H1 petition to start job?

I got an approved H1 petition from Employer A while I was in India.

Then I got another approved H1 petition from employer B and then travelled to USA on that petition (employer B).

Now, my job with employer B in USA is about to be over and I am trying to find another employer in USA.

My old petition with employer A is still valid not cancelled(not revoked).

Question 1:
    ----------
    Can I use the same old petition and start working for employer A right away?
    OR
    Are there any complications involved?

Question 2:
    -----------

Does employer A need to file a new LCA if I want to join them on an already existing approved H1B?
    OR
    Can I simply join them and get the payroll started?

Please let me know urgently as I have very limited time left to make decision..

Originally posted by tejas24478 View Post
    I got an approved H1 petition from Employer A while I was in India.

Then I got another approved H1 petition from employer B and then travelled to USA on that petition (employer B).

Now, my job with employer B in USA is about to be over and I am trying to find another employer in USA.

My old petition with employer A is still valid not cancelled(not revoked).

Question 1:
    ----------
    Can I use the same old petition and start working for employer A right away?
    OR
    Are there any complications involved?

Question 2:
    -----------

Does employer A need to file a new LCA if I want to join them on an already existing approved H1B?
    OR
    Can I simply join them and get the payroll started?

Please let me know urgently as I have very limited time left to make decision..
    From when to when A's petition was valid? As a new LCA would be required because even if job location, role etc remain same, am sure over 3 Years the salary levels have changed so a new LCA and an H1 amendment would be required.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X