Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221G Blue - No document requested waiting for 70 days now

Hi,

I attended my interview at the Chennai Consulate on Aug 5th. My application was put on 221(g) and was given a blue slip with no additional documentation requested.

I have had the status date changed five times since then, Aug 22, Aug 28, Sep 10, Sep 16 ,and Sep 18. As far as I can gather, there has been no attempt to contact either my employer or the client.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on?

Any help would be much appreciated.

AeyArr

Originally posted by aeyarr View Post
    Hi,

I attended my interview at the Chennai Consulate on Aug 5th. My application was put on 221(g) and was given a blue slip with no additional documentation requested.

I have had the status date changed five times since then, Aug 22, Aug 28, Sep 10, Sep 16 ,and Sep 18. As far as I can gather, there has been no attempt to contact either my employer or the client.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on?

Any help would be much appreciated.

AeyArr
    What were the interview questions?Were you in US before?If 5 updates all BG checks are being carried out..

Comment

Originally posted by snehanew View Post
      What were the interview questions?Were you in US before?If 5 updates all BG checks are being carried out..
      I have completed my Master's in the US and I have visited the states around 4 times in the last year and half. The first two times were on personal, on B1/B2 and the second two was on business related, again on B1/B2.

The questions were straight forward. Who is the client, what are you going to be doing. Are you managing people here, how is that going to change, what is the compensation. Nothing out of the ordinary.

One incident is that the contract that was with the client was in the name of an older company which was then acquired by my current organization. The contracts have been resigned under the current organization, however at time of filing, was with the older client. Paper work has been provided with regards to the acquisition and I do not think that it is a cause for concern.

Comment

Originally posted by aeyarr View Post
        I have completed my Master's in the US and I have visited the states around 4 times in the last year and half. The first two times were on personal, on B1/B2 and the second two was on business related, again on B1/B2.

The questions were straight forward. Who is the client, what are you going to be doing. Are you managing people here, how is that going to change, what is the compensation. Nothing out of the ordinary.

One incident is that the contract that was with the client was in the name of an older company which was then acquired by my current organization. The contracts have been resigned under the current organization, however at time of filing, was with the older client. Paper work has been provided with regards to the acquisition and I do not think that it is a cause for concern.
        Master's in what?Might be TAL check
        Did your company name change.In the old DS160 for the previous & new DS 160 were the company name same or different?If yes were you asked the question how long you have been working for the present company?

Comment

Originally posted by snehanew View Post
          Master's in what?Might be TAL check
          Did your company name change.In the old DS160 for the previous & new DS 160 were the company name same or different?If yes were you asked the question how long you have been working for the present company?
          The company name did not change. I joined my current organization after they acquired the organization that had the contract. Last year it was renewed, and this year recreated.

Yes I was asked that and I told them it was around a year. (Acquisition happened a year before I joined)

I do not think that I should be TAL, my masters was in Computational Finance. (Financial Engineering)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X