Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) : Client Letter Nightmare

Hi All,

I went for VISA revalidation interview in Chennai consulate on 14th of Oct 2014. My employer told that I wont be needing Client Letter. In the interview first thing they asked was Client Letter and gave me 221(g) form. I asked my employer to give me a client letter and they told me that client isn't giving client letters anymore because of their recent organization restructure and employee layoffs. My employer told that they are working on some strategy to handle this and I am not confident of anything other client letter. Is there any other way to make this work? My vacation has turned out to be a nightmare now. I have my things over there in US, my Car and recently renewed lease.

Another question is, my 221(g) (attached) doesn’t specify how to deliver the requested documents. There are 3 options mentioned in the 221(g)

1. Drop the documents
    2. Walkin Interview
    3. Email PDF soft copy of the documents

They haven't ticked any of these methods. Does this mean that I can use any of these methods? If so I would prefer to go for walkin interview. Experienced people, please advice.
    Attached Files

Hello, Manjunath.

Sorry to hear about your visa matter. From what i recollect, VFS provides service of collecting the documents for such cases. I know of someone from years ago who had to arrange for documents this way. That person had to arrange for many documents: 1) LCA, 2) Company's 2 year financials, 3) List of contractors on board, 4) List of clients etc. The documents come in a bunch (run into dozens of pages) but for you it seems just the Client Letter is needed, is it?

I am not sure how your employer will make this work, if the end client is not issuing letters. If you have a B1/B2 visa, maybe you could travel on that and sort out your assets in USA. I do not want to discourage you, but this might go in a loop and take long before you know of an outcome.

Sorry once again.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,

Originally posted by ManjunathKP View Post
    Hi All,

I went for VISA revalidation interview in Chennai consulate on 14th of Oct 2014. My employer told that I wont be needing Client Letter. In the interview first thing they asked was Client Letter and gave me 221(g) form. I asked my employer to give me a client letter and they told me that client isn't giving client letters anymore because of their recent organization restructure and employee layoffs. My employer told that they are working on some strategy to handle this and I am not confident of anything other client letter. Is there any other way to make this work? My vacation has turned out to be a nightmare now. I have my things over there in US, my Car and recently renewed lease.

Another question is, my 221(g) (attached) doesn’t specify how to deliver the requested documents. There are 3 options mentioned in the 221(g)

1. Drop the documents
    2. Walkin Interview
    3. Email PDF soft copy of the documents

They haven't ticked any of these methods. Does this mean that I can use any of these methods? If so I would prefer to go for walkin interview. Experienced people, please advice.
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X