H4 Visa -Quick Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa -Quick Question

I was researching about H4 visa interview for my would be wife and one question that gets usually asked during interview is - 'Have your husband applied for green card?'. I have my I-140 approved and priority date is not current yet. So I was thinking of telling my would be wife to say 'Yes' to this question. However, I still want to clarify whether an approved I-140 counts as 'applied for green card' ? In this question, does the interviewer intend to know whether the GC process has started at all or whether he/she intends to know that 'have I filed I-485 yet' ?

I would really appreciate your answer.

Originally posted by VK2014 View Post
    I was researching about H4 visa interview for my would be wife and one question that gets usually asked during interview is - 'Have your husband applied for green card?'. I have my I-140 approved and priority date is not current yet. So I was thinking of telling my would be wife to say 'Yes' to this question. However, I still want to clarify whether an approved I-140 counts as 'applied for green card' ? In this question, does the interviewer intend to know whether the GC process has started at all or whether he/she intends to know that 'have I filed I-485 yet' ?

I would really appreciate your answer.
    Answer should be Yes. I140 is petition for an immigrant worker.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Answer should be Yes. I140 is petition for an immigrant worker.
      Thanks !!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X