Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FNU Problem in the Passport ans applying for H1 Visa

Hi,
    I am currently on opt- optional practice training (F1 Visa). In my passport the surname section is left blank and therefore I got my F1 visa as:
    First Name: FNU
    Last Name: my entire name.

I have to apply for my H1 Visa in april 2015, I want to know should I get a new passport with corrected first name and last name and then apply for the H1 Visa or apply with the same passport and get it changed later on the passport once I get the H1 Visa.

Also, if I get a new passport with corrected First name and last name then will I need to get a new Visa when I go to India or the same visa will work except that I will have to carry both the Passports.
    Please suggest.

Originally posted by nprakash View Post
    Hi,
    I am currently on opt- optional practice training (F1 Visa). In my passport the surname section is left blank and therefore I got my F1 visa as:
    First Name: FNU
    Last Name: my entire name.

I have to apply for my H1 Visa in april 2015, I want to know should I get a new passport with corrected first name and last name and then apply for the H1 Visa or apply with the same passport and get it changed later on the passport once I get the H1 Visa.

Also, if I get a new passport with corrected First name and last name then will I need to get a new Visa when I go to India or the same visa will work except that I will have to carry both the Passports.
    Please suggest.
    Would suggest that you get name changed in passport.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

No Surname in Passport

I, my wife and kids do not have a surname in all our passport, but given names are present. While filling the DS160, surname is mandatory, need help in the following
      a. As Surname cannot be left empty, so do I fill the Given Name as per Passport as Surname
      b. If so, then both the column I fill the same details or leave the Given Name blank
      c. If given name is left blank then I am filling incorrect data as available in passport.

I need help in let me know whether I should fill the Surname column with details as mentioned in Given Name or No Name Given in surname column

Icannot change the passport details now as I have received the I797 from my employer and need to fill the DS160 in a couple of days

Comment

Is ur problem solved

Comment

Yes its solved. got a new passport.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X