Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query for proof of marriage

Hi,

I will be appearing for a joint H1/H4 Visa Interview along with my wife (I being the H4 applicant)at the Mumbai Embassy .As a proof of marriage I will be taking my marriage certificate .We have our Registered marriage at the Magistrate office few days prior to the interview.

My question is does the Marriage Certificate suffice as adequate proof of marriage especially if court marriage is ONLY what we intend to do primarily due to time constraints as my wife wants to spend enough time with both her parents and in-laws.I have come across instances where its suggested on the forum that one should carry pictures around the sacred fire ("phera",as per Indian tradition) and carry wedding invitation card. Is it the only option? If no than cant we have pictures that we can click while signing in the register in the court? Any other Ideas please help!!

Please suggest.
    Your help on this will be highly appreciated .

Query for proof of marriage

Any suggestions?

Comment

Proof of marriage

Hi,

Just to add ,I will be doing registered court marriage in front of the magistrate and not just the marriage certificate which I will get issued from the court (the normal case how people do after doing the marriage with rituals and ceremony)

Comment

Query for proof of marriage

Please Help!!

Comment

It depends upon the officer how they view this. I feel there is an unwritten perception that many certificates can be "bought" in India hence sometimes officers insist on photos, especially if travel is so close to marriage.

You can plan to have a small reception with friends and family where you can take picture.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Proof of marraige

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
            It depends upon the officer how they view this. I feel there is an unwritten perception that many certificates can be "bought" in India hence sometimes officers insist on photos, especially if travel is so close to marriage.

You can plan to have a small reception with friends and family where you can take picture.

HI Raghvi ,
            Thanks for your revert ,I have my court marriage on 18th of Nov and my Interview is on 21st the same month.I wont be having in time for reception .But the court marraige premises is having setup for photo session where we can have a pics while signing the register and also some pics where I can show taking blessings of our parents ,pics where we are greeting each wether with Garland (however Phera is not possible).Another thing will we have to have a wedding card even if it is a court marriage?

We will have our close cousins who will be coming for the same .

Comment

Well you can submit only what you have available. Take pictures in the court premises. If you don't have wedding card, you can't generate a **** one for visa purposes. If asked you say the truth that you didn't have enough time for the formal planning of the same.

Comment

Proof of marriage

Thanks Raghvi,

That pretty much clears my doubts.
                Much appreciated.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...