H4 query for wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 query for wife

guys... my case is slightly lenghty and complicated.

me and my wife got married in india and travelled to the usa on independent F1 visas. i was abt to graduate and she had just started her education. but we did not register our marriage in india due to shortage of time.

so we came to usa and got our married here in the court for legal purposes and registered here. due to my travel plans, based on the marriage certificate, my wife got her visa changed to F2 (student dependent)

we went back to india together after 1.5 yrs and i worked there for 2 yrs. now recently i got a job in usa and have come here. she is now going to appear for the H4 interview.

if asked, when did u get married, should we say that traditional marriage took place in india and we got married again in usa for legal doc purposes? im counfused abt this part. dont know how to handle this situation. if asked for marriage photos, we have the ones done in india... can we show those ? wud they not feel that thy got married inindia and got registered and remarried in usa? cud that create probkems for us?

pls help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Hi

Dear Babloo,
    I think its not a complicated case. First thing is that nothing to hide. If u tell u have married in USA then u have to show the proof. If u tell your marriage date as per indian date then u have to explain details because allready both of u were in student VISA as Husband & wife. So as per my thinking its better to tell your first marriage date in USA and after that you can explain and take both marriage certificate along with Photo (Indian marriage photo). Because as per rules u have married in USA. So be cool and confident.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X