• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Renewal help

Scenario:

Same employer since May 2009.

H1B Status Received: Oct 2009 to Oct 2012
    H1B Status Renewed: Oct 2012 to Oct 2015 --> H1B status is valid until Oct 2015

H1B Visa Stamp: Issued 21 Sep 2011
    Valid Until or Expired on 01 Oct 2012 --> H1B Visa in passpot expired on Oct 2012

Passport Expiration Date: Feb 15th 2015

My sister's marriage is on Dec 6th 2014, My questions are:

1.) Am i qualified for H1b Interview Waiver DropBox program? (IWP Drop-Box)
    2.) Am i qualified for H1b Interview Waiver program? (IWP)
    3.) My passport expires on Feb 15 2015, Am i qualified for applying for a H1B Visa, a normal H1B Visa? Can i still apply for a normal H1B visa interview?, because the official website says the "http://www. **** **** .com/h1b-visa-guide/interview-appointment" Passport valid for atleast 6 months beyond the intended period of stay.

Please reply me as soon as you can.

Originally posted by amarasat39 View Post
    Scenario:

Same employer since May 2009.

H1B Status Received: Oct 2009 to Oct 2012
    H1B Status Renewed: Oct 2012 to Oct 2015 --> H1B status is valid until Oct 2015

H1B Visa Stamp: Issued 21 Sep 2011
    Valid Until or Expired on 01 Oct 2012 --> H1B Visa in passpot expired on Oct 2012

Passport Expiration Date: Feb 15th 2015

My sister's marriage is on Dec 6th 2014, My questions are:

1.) Am i qualified for H1b Interview Waiver DropBox program? (IWP Drop-Box)
    2.) Am i qualified for H1b Interview Waiver program? (IWP)
    3.) My passport expires on Feb 15 2015, Am i qualified for applying for a H1B Visa, a normal H1B Visa? Can i still apply for a normal H1B visa interview?, because the official website says the "http://www. **** **** .com/h1b-visa-guide/interview-appointment" Passport valid for atleast 6 months beyond the intended period of stay.

Please reply me as soon as you can.

Interview Waiver for H1-B and Individual L1-A and L1-B Visa Holders

If you hold an H1-B or Individual L1-A or L1-B visa that expired within the last 12 months, you may qualify for the Interview Waiver Program. To qualify, the petitioner must be the same as on your initial visa, however, the end client need not be the same. You must present a current, valid I-129, LCA, Petitioner Letter to USCIS and pay slips showing your salary for the preceding three (3) months.

Your visa stamp expired over 2 Years back, it does not seem that you are eligible for the interview waiver.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Just one question:

I am applying for my passport renewal at the newyork BLS Indian passport. If i go in person to drop my application for passport renewal at newyork BLS

1.) Can i get my new passport through postal mail or do i have to go in person again to pick up the new passport? I mean do i have to go to newyork again for pickup?

Comment

No idea. Check with their customer care. Or as it is you would be going to submit, might as well check there.

Comment

Thanks Raghavi for immediate replies. One last question that strike my mind.

1.) Can we book a H1b Visa stamp appointment(at chennai for visa stamping) with old passport, Get the new passport and then travel to India and present the new one there? Or can we edit the ds160 form with a new passport number after the appointment is booked?
          Last edited by amarasat39; 11-01-2014, 01:38 PM.

Comment

I am sorry, you would have to check with Stanley customer care. If you are really in a hurry, apply for tatkaal passport by paying extra and fill the DS-160 with the new passport details.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X