RFE for change of status from H4 to F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE for change of status from H4 to F1

I have showed my Father's account details (Indian bank statements and certificate) as sponsorship for my education in USA.USCIS acknowledges receipt of a Statement of my father's account.But in addition to that they are asking me to submit a Form I-134, Affidavit of Support. This form must be completed and signed by the person who will be supporting your (sponsoring you) while you are in the United States. The form must be
    accompanied by evidence that shows that the sponsor has the necessary finances to provide for your support (such as bank statements, credit reports, W-2 forms, etc.). If the sponsor is a family member, submit a legal document showing the relationship (such as a birth certificate, marriage
    certificate, etc.) Do not submit a personal letter of financial support.

When I checked this I-134 form they are asking for Sponsors USA visa details like his citizenship status or I-94 record then USA bank account and stock details. In address section there is no space to mention country which indirectly tells us that sponsor is assumed to be in USA and he has to fill this form. But here in my case, my father is in India, how should i fill this form? what i need to fill in all above questions.

During application I have submitted my husband visa docs and 3 months pay stubs just to show his valid visa status as advised by my college advisor but as sponsor I have showed my fathers detail.
    Can any one please guide me on this. AM very confused and deadline is coming by soon, please help me

Thanks,
    Riddhi Shah

Originally posted by Riddhi Shah View Post
    I have showed my Father's account details (Indian bank statements and certificate) as sponsorship for my education in USA.USCIS acknowledges receipt of a Statement of my father's account.But in addition to that they are asking me to submit a Form I-134, Affidavit of Support. This form must be completed and signed by the person who will be supporting your (sponsoring you) while you are in the United States. The form must be
    accompanied by evidence that shows that the sponsor has the necessary finances to provide for your support (such as bank statements, credit reports, W-2 forms, etc.). If the sponsor is a family member, submit a legal document showing the relationship (such as a birth certificate, marriage
    certificate, etc.) Do not submit a personal letter of financial support.

When I checked this I-134 form they are asking for Sponsors USA visa details like his citizenship status or I-94 record then USA bank account and stock details. In address section there is no space to mention country which indirectly tells us that sponsor is assumed to be in USA and he has to fill this form. But here in my case, my father is in India, how should i fill this form? what i need to fill in all above questions.

During application I have submitted my husband visa docs and 3 months pay stubs just to show his valid visa status as advised by my college advisor but as sponsor I have showed my fathers detail.
    Can any one please guide me on this. AM very confused and deadline is coming by soon, please help me

Thanks,
    Riddhi Shah
    Why cannot your spouse sponsor it? Also its not been easy getting a H4 to F1 approval as F1 has non immigrant intent and a in principle requirement of leaving US once studies are over.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

RFE for change of status, RFE resolved

Well in the case described below, RFE asking I-134 was a mistake from USCIS. International student advisor from school helped me by contacting USCIS thorugh email and they approved my case without asking any extra evidence

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X