Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa not issued due to administrative processing but passport retained

Hi
    I am posting this on behalf of my daughter who attended a H1B visa interview at Chennai on 12th Aug. She came to India to attend the marriage of her husband's sister in Aug 2014 and had to get her visa stamping. She went to US on F1 visa for her PhD in 2005 ; got her PhD in 2006 and for 18 months worked as Post doc under OPT. Then got her H1B and continued her work for another year and came on 15 days vacation thinking as the approval for H1B came after due scrutiny and if she had not come to India she could have continued to work as Post Doctoral Research scholar in the University which had sponsored her H1 visa. She told me that at the interview she was asked in which field she had specialized and she replied Micro Biology. That was all ; the consular officer told her to go home giving a blue sheet with case no and the words Administrative Processing. Now it is nearly 3 months and no news either of approval or denial. Her letters have gone with out any response except for one where it was stated that her case is under administrative processing. The whole thing is like a black box with no one able to help. I wish you can tell me what is happening!
    geeyes

Originally posted by geeyes View Post
    Hi
    I am posting this on behalf of my daughter who attended a H1B visa interview at Chennai on 12th Aug. She came to India to attend the marriage of her husband's sister in Aug 2014 and had to get her visa stamping. She went to US on F1 visa for her PhD in 2005 ; got her PhD in 2006 and for 18 months worked as Post doc under OPT. Then got her H1B and continued her work for another year and came on 15 days vacation thinking as the approval for H1B came after due scrutiny and if she had not come to India she could have continued to work as Post Doctoral Research scholar in the University which had sponsored her H1 visa. She told me that at the interview she was asked in which field she had specialized and she replied Micro Biology. That was all ; the consular officer told her to go home giving a blue sheet with case no and the words Administrative Processing. Now it is nearly 3 months and no news either of approval or denial. Her letters have gone with out any response except for one where it was stated that her case is under administrative processing. The whole thing is like a black box with no one able to help. I wish you can tell me what is happening!
    geeyes
    Unfortunately the whole thing is indeed a black box with no way of knowing how long will the admin processing take. Microbiology is one of the occupations under TAL list which does receive extra scrutiny and needs additional security clearance because of the sensitive nature of this area. So just hold tight and be patient.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X