Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complaint against h1b consultant

Hello everyone,
    I want to discuss my case here and want the suggestions how can I resister complain against this fraud consultant,
    This consultant asked for $3500 to file h1b and 70-30% salary split after getting job. he said he will return the filing fee when I get job. I agreed to it as I thought it's how it works with every other consultant and it is a security amount he is asking for.
    He applied for my h1. It was picked in lottery and the consultant got a RFE for client letter. This consultant owns a small company on papers, he has no projects and client even doesn't has a proper office. He said that because of strict scrutiny he could not arrange a client letter and he asked me to arrange it. But here no employer gives job without approved h1 so I also cudn't get client letter.
    We were close to deadline to respond RFE then he said that he has asked USCIS for extension to respond RFE. I doubt how he can get extension. Later he told me that for extension he just called USCIS to resend RFE as he didn't receive it before. And In third week of sep I got to know that my h1 has denied as he didn't respond RFE.
    Here are my doubts where he misled and mis-communicated,
    1. He took filing fee as security which is illegal. I was not aware that its illegal on my part too. I should have done homework first.
    2. He tried to fool USCIS that he didn't receive RFE and to resend it with updated deadline to get extension.
    3. He doesn't has proper office and revenue for his firm which is must to have to file h1. His attorney belies legal information on application.

Please suggest how can I complain against this consultant. He is not returning my money, it was his responsibility to respond RFE but he didn't so ethically he owe me my money. Now he neither attends my calls nor replies e-mails. He never communicated me on time, every time I called him and bewildered with new information. Its not about only money he wasted my time and energy. I want to teach him a lesson so that he could not do it again with anyone else.

Originally posted by sona85 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I want to discuss my case here and want the suggestions how can I resister complain against this fraud consultant,
    This consultant asked for $3500 to file h1b and 70-30% salary split after getting job. he said he will return the filing fee when I get job. I agreed to it as I thought it's how it works with every other consultant and it is a security amount he is asking for.
    He applied for my h1. It was picked in lottery and the consultant got a RFE for client letter. This consultant owns a small company on papers, he has no projects and client even doesn't has a proper office. He said that because of strict scrutiny he could not arrange a client letter and he asked me to arrange it. But here no employer gives job without approved h1 so I also cudn't get client letter.
    We were close to deadline to respond RFE then he said that he has asked USCIS for extension to respond RFE. I doubt how he can get extension. Later he told me that for extension he just called USCIS to resend RFE as he didn't receive it before. And In third week of sep I got to know that my h1 has denied as he didn't respond RFE.
    Here are my doubts where he misled and mis-communicated,
    1. He took filing fee as security which is illegal. I was not aware that its illegal on my part too. I should have done homework first.
    2. He tried to fool USCIS that he didn't receive RFE and to resend it with updated deadline to get extension.
    3. He doesn't has proper office and revenue for his firm which is must to have to file h1. His attorney belies legal information on application.

Please suggest how can I complain against this consultant. He is not returning my money, it was his responsibility to respond RFE but he didn't so ethically he owe me my money. Now he neither attends my calls nor replies e-mails. He never communicated me on time, every time I called him and bewildered with new information. Its not about only money he wasted my time and energy. I want to teach him a lesson so that he could not do it again with anyone else.
    Taking H1B filing fees is illegal, so is giving it too. Do you have proof of paying this consultant?

Read https://www.immihelp.com/h1b-visa-em...int-procedure/

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Taking H1B filing fees is illegal, so is giving it too. Do you have proof of paying this consultant?

Read https://www.immihelp.com/h1b-visa-em...int-procedure/

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      thanks for your reply. I have cheques of payment. Could that be helpful?

Comment

Hi Sona,

I am also having same situation now. Have you filed a compliant against your employer?

Comment

Giving also illegal

This is two sides of coin situation. Lot of people approach these consultants for h1 filing if they don't get direct client job or if their opt expires. And the consultant also want to give a try if the h1 gets approved so that the candidate works for him.
          I don't think you can do anything on this because it may hit you back.

Comment

If he is a US based person, sue him in small claims court

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X