Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my H1B visa is issued for 1 year even though my petion I797B is approved for 3 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my H1B visa is issued for 1 year even though my petion I797B is approved for 3 years

hello Sir/madam, my H1 B visa is issued for one year (issued date - 17th october 2014 , expiry date - 30th september 2015) whereas my petition I797B is approved for 3 years (10/01/2014 to 9/19/2017)

How can my visa be issued for 1 year when my petition is for 3 years, is it normal or a mistake

Question
    1)can i send mail to us consulate to recheck my visa and request to approve for 3years
    2)is there any other way i can get it to 3 years now itself( because i and my colleague applied for the same client for different projects with similar documentation, similar petition dates i.e for 3 years, he got visa issued for 3 years and got only for 1 year)

please help

regards,
    kiran

Originally posted by kiran1984 View Post
    hello Sir/madam, my H1 B visa is issued for one year (issued date - 17th october 2014 , expiry date - 30th september 2015) whereas my petition I797B is approved for 3 years (10/01/2014 to 9/19/2017)

How can my visa be issued for 1 year when my petition is for 3 years, is it normal or a mistake

Question
    1)can i send mail to us consulate to recheck my visa and request to approve for 3years
    2)is there any other way i can get it to 3 years now itself( because i and my colleague applied for the same client for different projects with similar documentation, similar petition dates i.e for 3 years, he got visa issued for 3 years and got only for 1 year)

please help

regards,
    kiran
    Ask the employer for how long they submitted the client letter/SOW/MSA for. And you can always apply for extension if adequate work is there and the employer can demonstrate that.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

my H1B visa is issued for 1 year even though my petion I797B is approved for 3 years

Hello , In SOW, client letter it is 3 years only....what is MSA.Pls let me know

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Ask the employer for how long they submitted the client letter/SOW/MSA for. And you can always apply for extension if adequate work is there and the employer can demonstrate that.

Comment

MSA is Master Services Agreement. But if your SOW as well as Clent letter has 3 Years , the MSA also most probably have 3 Years on it. Check with the employer's attorney what they requesed for in the petition?

Comment

Hi raghvi, in my MSA it is given like this : the length of this agreement shall be for 1 year beginning with the effective date , and shall automatically renew for additional 1 year periods unless terminated.So please let me know ur inputs and pls let me know if i can send an email to hyderabad consulate where i went for visa interview to re check my visa stamping/issuance

thanks,
          kiran

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          MSA is Master Services Agreement. But if your SOW as well as Clent letter has 3 Years , the MSA also most probably have 3 Years on it. Check with the employer's attorney what they requesed for in the petition?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X