Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B transfer in India, is stamping required again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer in India, is stamping required again?

I got stamped H1B last year from Chennai consulate, and could not travel to US due to personal reasons. My US employer informed USCIS to revoke visa, and I can see the current status as 'revoked' in USCIS site. I have contacted two companies/consultancies who are ready to transfer my visa with paying some money (3000$).

The confusion is , the company A told me that they will file premium processing and I would get I797 in 30days and eligible to travel with new I797 immediately and no need to go for stamping. But the company B told that they will also file premium processing, but I need to go stamping again. I 'm really confused on what is right and wrong. My visa will have old employer name if I’m not stamping again. Could anyone please help me on this?

Thanks,
    Thomman

Originally posted by Thomman View Post
    I got stamped H1B last year from Chennai consulate, and could not travel to US due to personal reasons. My US employer informed USCIS to revoke visa, and I can see the current status as 'revoked' in USCIS site. I have contacted two companies/consultancies who are ready to transfer my visa with paying some money (3000$).

The confusion is , the company A told me that they will file premium processing and I would get I797 in 30days and eligible to travel with new I797 immediately and no need to go for stamping. But the company B told that they will also file premium processing, but I need to go stamping again. I 'm really confused on what is right and wrong. My visa will have old employer name if I’m not stamping again. Could anyone please help me on this?

Thanks,
    Thomman
    If your old visa is still valid you can travel after you get new I797.Till when is your visa valid?

Comment

Originally posted by snehanew View Post
      If your old visa is still valid you can travel after you get new I797.Till when is your visa valid?
      Yes, my visa is valid till 2015 August.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomman View Post
        Yes, my visa is valid till 2015 August.
        Just find an employer who can file new i-797 then you can fly with the same visa.Sometimes the new employer will ask to come with the old petition to US which is illegal for which you might get into trouble in POE.Check naukri for new sponsors

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X