Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g

Hello all,

Need you immediate advice, I recently attended H1 Visa interview at Hyderabad and Visa Officer issued me 221g pink slip, they keep my original I797. 221g slip, which contain some of the documents needed from client and employer. My employer is not willing to provide the same. What I should do if they do not provide any documents.

My current petition is valid for 3 years. As per the current scenario, what I can do?

Can any other employer file a fresh H1B petition under cap exempt? If yes then whats the process?

Appreciate all your valuable suggestions and advice.

Thanks

Sirish

Originally posted by Sirish_MS View Post
    Hello all,

Need you immediate advice, I recently attended H1 Visa interview at Hyderabad and Visa Officer issued me 221g pink slip, they keep my original I797. 221g slip, which contain some of the documents needed from client and employer. My employer is not willing to provide the same. What I should do if they do not provide any documents.

My current petition is valid for 3 years. As per the current scenario, what I can do?

Can any other employer file a fresh H1B petition under cap exempt? If yes then whats the process?

Appreciate all your valuable suggestions and advice.

Thanks

Sirish
    Find another employer. A new employer should be able to file a cap exempt petition for you.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

221g

Thanks Raghvi.

If the new employer will hire? What I have to do with the existing VISA which is under 221g.
      Does the previous VISA affects with the new one?

Comment

In many cases when you go for interview with the next employer's petition, you would most likely be asked in writing to withdraw the earlier request which is in 221G.

Comment

issued

My case under adminstrative process from the last couple of months
          But yesterday Its changed to Issue pelase My question is is that mean they approved my visa
          Please reply am very nervous

Comment

Originally posted by andyjr View Post
            My case under adminstrative process from the last couple of months
            But yesterday Its changed to Issue pelase My question is is that mean they approved my visa
            Please reply am very nervous
            Yes, it is possible. I know it can be nerve wrecking but wait till you actually see the passport with the visa in your hand.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
              Yes, it is possible. I know it can be nerve wrecking but wait till you actually see the passport with the visa in your hand.

Who is having the Passport now you or the consulate?If the consulate is having they will stamp the visa & sent it to you.If you are having the PPT then they will send another 221g to submit your PPT & then they will stamp the visa & send it back.Please check USA travel docs for further information or your email which you had given in DS-160.

Comment

Consulate have My passport

Comment

Originally posted by andyjr View Post
                  Consulate have My passport
                  If the status is issued then it will be stamped within 10 days from the status change,if not please call consulate after 10 days & inform them...

Comment

221 (G) - need information

Hi Admin,
                    I have one question, I transferred my H1B from One client to another Company. Right now I am in India I din’t book any slot for appointment. But I got a call from my new employer and he said 2 persons went for the interview and they got 221(g) so he told me to hold on till they got clear. Now Its almost 3 months no update.
                    So, my question is if for same employer 2 persons already got 221(g) means in my case also it will repeat..? or just luck base..?
                    while interview VO will update in the system how many got 221(g) query for this client..? so rest has to follow same ..?

Do I need to wait till they get clear..? please advice.

Thanks,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X