X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work as a Freelancer

Hi all,

I need a small advice

I am on H1B visa.Right now in India stuck with 221g .Can I work as a freelancer from India?

If No,what are the possibilities if I get paid in rupees instead of dollars to my Indian account

Please help me out

Thanks

Originally posted by Swetha Yarlagadda View Post
    Hi all,

I need a small advice

I am on H1B visa.Right now in India stuck with 221g .Can I work as a freelancer from India?

If No,what are the possibilities if I get paid in rupees instead of dollars to my Indian account

Please help me out

Thanks
    What you do out side US is not controlled by USCIS. So yes, if an employer is willing to employ your services from India then yes , you can certainly work from India. And if they are willing to pay you in USD while working in India no restriction as such.

You would have to pay income tax for the same in India if you become resident of India for taxable purposes.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      What you do out side US is not controlled by USCIS. So yes, if an employer is willing to employ your services from India then yes , you can certainly work from India. And if they are willing to pay you in USD while working in India no restriction as such.

You would have to pay income tax for the same in India if you become resident of India for taxable purposes.

Thanks for your reply

My Bad I forgot to mention that I am planning to work as a free lancer with a US company which pays in $

What are the other possibilities for me to work from India without breaking any laws?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Swetha Yarlagadda View Post
        Thanks for your reply

My Bad I forgot to mention that I am planning to work as a free lancer with a US company which pays in $

What are the other possibilities for me to work from India without breaking any laws?

Thanks
        I still fail to see what exactly is your concern.

If you are a citizen of India or have the right to work in India, and are paying taxes due on your income earned in India, I dont think you are breaking any law.

As you are outside US, US immigration rules do not apply to you.

Comment

Yes you can do if your employer willing to offer a job.

Alternatively, you can get freelance works from various websites, where you may find hundreds of jobs related to your domain. And they pay in dollars to your PayPal account.

Few sites, which offers online works:

Elance.com
          Odesk.com
          Freelancer.com

It's free. Just you need to register with them and start applying for the available jobs and work instantly and get paid after successful completion of the job.

Just visit above sites, you will understand better.

Hope you got desired information.

All the best.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X