Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B re-stamping: Transfer to US based employer

Hi,

I'm currently working with company A which actually sponsored my H1B visa. That is an Indian company. I'm going to join company B which is a US based company and they will transfer my H1B petition. My H1B visa expired on Sep 30, 2013 and I-94 is valid until Sep 30, 2016. I'm going back India in January for marriage and will be back in February.

Could someone help me how I schedule my visa re-stamping interview and how I apply H-4 for my wife. My current employer A takes care of these things for its employees but new employer B doesn't. As per them, employee has to schedule the interview by himself.

Please help.

I will appreciate if someone can help me in this.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurabh1921 View Post
      Hi,

I'm currently working with company A which actually sponsored my H1B visa. That is an Indian company. I'm going to join company B which is a US based company and they will transfer my H1B petition. My H1B visa expired on Sep 30, 2013 and I-94 is valid until Sep 30, 2016. I'm going back India in January for marriage and will be back in February.

Could someone help me how I schedule my visa re-stamping interview and how I apply H-4 for my wife. My current employer A takes care of these things for its employees but new employer B doesn't. As per them, employee has to schedule the interview by himself.
      You first need to get a valid approved I797. Using that fill DS-160 online one for yourself and another for your spouse, and schedule appointment finger print and visa interview after paying the necessary fees. Attend the interview with relevant papers of employment of B. Once stamping done in passport travel to US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X