Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duration of stay remaining on H1-B

Hi,

Can anyone please help me out to figure out how many months I am eligible to stay in USA in my scenario? I have read USCIS website but I am not sure how it should be interpreted in my case.

I have been in US Twice before as following:
    1. Aug-2010 to June-2011 on L1-B (11 months)
    2. Sep-2011 to September 2013 on L1-B and then my status changed to H1-B COS petition approval. I remained in US till January 2014 and worked on H1-B from 1st October 2013 to January 2014 last week before returning back to my home country. (28 months)

Since then I have been in my home country. My H1-B petition is approved up to June 2016. My question is if I remain outside USA for more than 1 year, will I be eligible for another 6 years of stay on H1-B or my 6 years will still be counted considering my previous stay?

Thank you in advance! I appreciate your help.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone please help me out to figure out how many months I am eligible to stay in USA in my scenario? I have read USCIS website but I am not sure how it should be interpreted in my case.

I have been in US Twice before as following:
    1. Aug-2010 to June-2011 on L1-B (11 months)
    2. Sep-2011 to September 2013 on L1-B and then my status changed to H1-B COS petition approval. I remained in US till January 2014 and worked on H1-B from 1st October 2013 to January 2014 last week before returning back to my home country. (28 months)

Since then I have been in my home country. My H1-B petition is approved up to June 2016. My question is if I remain outside USA for more than 1 year, will I be eligible for another 6 years of stay on H1-B or my 6 years will still be counted considering my previous stay?

Thank you in advance! I appreciate your help.
    No, in order to reset your clock, you should stay out for more than 365 days AND file a new petition and get it approved. If you use the old petition again the clock is not reset even if you have spent 365+ days outside US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      No, in order to reset your clock, you should stay out for more than 365 days AND file a new petition and get it approved. If you use the old petition again the clock is not reset even if you have spent 365+ days outside US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thank you Raghvi for your timely response. I appreciate your help!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X