Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 Visa- nearly expiring-change of marital status - can it be renewed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Visa- nearly expiring-change of marital status - can it be renewed?

Hello all.

I went to US in 2006, under H4 visa, and converted to H1B in 2011 and started working. In sep 2012 I had to quit and in Jan 2013, me and my 3 children were sent to India on a vacation. The husband stayed back, executed a divorce case and got remarried again. I dint have the slightest idea of all of it, but it took an year for me to come back. Now, I am trying to go back to US again. My obstacles are

1. My Visa will expire in Jan 2015. My last employer is not interested in taking me back.
    2. The children are in Joint custody.
    3. Do I have to file for a marital status change also?
    4. I dont have the Visa stamped in my passport.
    5. My passport has expired and I had no knowledge, but working on it to get it renewed.

My questions are, if I am able to find a new sponsor for me, can I still apply for the H1B transfer and get it stamped? Will the marital status change and joint custody of children will have any adverse effect on it? One of my friend said that in such case, both the parents shud work in the same state i.e., NJ, NY, LA, NE etc... Is it true?? If I have no client for me, can my new employer still go ahead and file a H1B petition for me?

Please help as the days are nearing and I really want not to miss it

Thank you.
    Peace.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X