h4 to h1 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h4 to h1 conversion

I have h4 visa which is valid till august 2016.i did travel to US to visit my husband who is currently in US for a period of 2 months from june30 to september1st 2014.we are planning to file for h1during april2015.i would like to know does my stay in US during that period shall increase the probability of transfer from h4 to h1.or will it make no difference if we plan for my h1 while i am in india.

Originally posted by rachana219 View Post
    I have h4 visa which is valid till august 2016.i did travel to US to visit my husband who is currently in US for a period of 2 months from june30 to september1st 2014.we are planning to file for h1during april2015.i would like to know does my stay in US during that period shall increase the probability of transfer from h4 to h1.or will it make no difference if we plan for my h1 while i am in india.
    It doe snot make a difference. But what does make a difference is whether you are in US or not during the period of application till approval as that will decide whether H1 is applied as COS or as consular process. A COS process does not involve visa stamping and interview.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X