Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa...spouse is a doctor

Hi everyone,

I am on H1 visa and my wife who has completed her MBBS recently, is appearing for H4 visa interview at Chennai consulate. What are the chances of her visa approval, given that she is a doctor by profession.

Thanks,
    Ramakrishna

The consulate cannot refuse your wife's H4 just because she happens to be a doctor.If the papers are good for her H4 and she is able to assert that she has no intentions of seeking employment while in the US, then H4 will surely be stamped.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

has she applied for her usmle??they will ask all possible things reagrding tht.
      i dont want to freak you out....but ya the counsulate is hypervigilant abt us doc's!(i am a doc too)but be positive and things will work out def.

Comment

No...my wife has not applied for USMLE....

Comment

Spouse

Did your wife get the visa? I am in the same situation and want to make sure if fill out the accurate details and prepare for the interview.

Comment

Let me go straight to the point.

Indian physician in US means nothing unless they go for USMLE/residency/fellowship which all of us do if we want to practice medicine.
            So VO will definitely want to ask your Significant others if they intend to practice medicine - if they do - then discuss about that
            and if they don't - then what else would they like to do? Would they let all the years of education go nowhere and just be at home.

Thats the only thing and make sure if asked your Sig others are prepared to handle the situation.

Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X