New H1B COS approved and L1B RFE going for H1B Stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New H1B COS approved and L1B RFE going for H1B Stamping

Could you please help me with information on H1B stamping questions, below are my details.

My Case :

when I am working for company A on L1B visa which the I-94 was already expired on 8-Aug-12. Applied L1B extension for the same on Jul 17th 2012 and USCIS issued RFE for the same on 29 Sep'12 . USCIS has given time to respond to RFE till 20 Nov 2012.

In the mean time company B sponsored me an H1B filed on May 28th 2012 and got approved with COS effectively from 05 Oct 2011. I am officially on H1B status now with valid H1B I-94 valid till Sep'2016. I am lucky to have H1B approved with COS even after my L1B I-94 expired on 08 Aug 2012

I joined H1B employer on 20th November 2012 and asked L1b employer to withdraw the L1B extension petition.

on November 2013 I moved to a new H1B employer (Employer C) through new approved H1B Transfer.

My questions are :

1. Will there be any impact when i go for H1B stamping ( since i was staying in US on Extension and RFE grace time and not responded to the RFE ) ?

2. Will there be any US - immigration form i need to submit, stating that i have changed my status and residence location ? or how can i let US - Immigration team know
    that i am on H1B and currently working through Company B.

3) I moved to H1B on confirmation from H1B COS employer's immigration attorney, not sure if he is correct.

Curently I am planning for stamping , would like to know if there will be any issues because of above scenario.
    I hope you would have seen similar situation like mine, could you please share their stamping experiences if you you know any.

I appreciate your help.
    Thanks
    Chandu

Originally posted by rchandan20 View Post
    Could you please help me with information on H1B stamping questions, below are my details.

My Case :

when I am working for company A on L1B visa which the I-94 was already expired on 8-Aug-12. Applied L1B extension for the same on Jul 17th 2012 and USCIS issued RFE for the same on 29 Sep'12 . USCIS has given time to respond to RFE till 20 Nov 2012.

In the mean time company B sponsored me an H1B filed on May 28th 2012 and got approved with COS effectively from 05 Oct 2011. I am officially on H1B status now with valid H1B I-94 valid till Sep'2016. I am lucky to have H1B approved with COS even after my L1B I-94 expired on 08 Aug 2012

I joined H1B employer on 20th November 2012 and asked L1b employer to withdraw the L1B extension petition.

on November 2013 I moved to a new H1B employer (Employer C) through new approved H1B Transfer.

My questions are :

1. Will there be any impact when i go for H1B stamping ( since i was staying in US on Extension and RFE grace time and not responded to the RFE ) ?

2. Will there be any US - immigration form i need to submit, stating that i have changed my status and residence location ? or how can i let US - Immigration team know
    that i am on H1B and currently working through Company B.

3) I moved to H1B on confirmation from H1B COS employer's immigration attorney, not sure if he is correct.

Curently I am planning for stamping , would like to know if there will be any issues because of above scenario.
    I hope you would have seen similar situation like mine, could you please share their stamping experiences if you you know any.

I appreciate your help.
    Thanks
    Chandu
    You seem to be out of status from 08-Aug-2012 till H1 approval. Its not that you were lucky in getting COS approved, seems more of an oversight/mistake by USCIS.

1. Difficult to say with your out of status period.
    2. Confusing, earlier you mentioned you were working for C.
    3. Dont know what is the question.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You seem to be out of status from 08-Aug-2012 till H1 approval. Its not that you were lucky in getting COS approved, seems more of an oversight/mistake by USCIS.

1. Difficult to say with your out of status period.
      2. Confusing, earlier you mentioned you were working for C.
      3. Dont know what is the question.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Hi Raghvi

Below are my details

Employer A (L1b) to Employer B(H1B COS) to new Employer C(H1B Transfer from H1B COS) . My new H1B through Employer C also approved (in 2013) after L1B to H1B COS was approved in 2012(Employer B)
      I am planning to go for stamping , Could you please suggest possible options.

L1B extension applied : July 2012 and expiry on August 2012(Employer A)
      New H1B COS applied : June 2012 (Employer B)
      L1B RFE Received : August 2012(Due date Nov 5th 2012)
      H1B Approved : O7 October 2012
      Joined H1B Employer B : November 5th 2012
      Employer A withdrawns L1B extension Petetion : Dec 2012
      Joined other H1B Employer C : Nov 2013
      Last edited by rchandan20; 11-25-2014, 10:36 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X