Got my visa stamping along with my dependent at Kolkata Consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my visa stamping along with my dependent at Kolkata Consulate

In Kolkata, OFC interview location is 3 KM away from Visa Consulate interview location.
    In Kolkata consulate, for OFC mobiles are allowed but should be switched off. No bags are allowed, but can be kept outside the room. For main interview, there is a facility to deposit mobile phones/laptops/any devices and can be collected while leaving.

First Day OFC interview: 25th Nov, 2014

Ø Post security check, they will take passport (only latest one) and will cross check name, date of birth and will clearly check all the fingers. (A woman with haldi on her fingers is asked to come back after washing completely)
    Ø Then will be send to another room and will be given a token and will be asked to wait for our turn. (Separate tokens will be given for each applicant H1 & H4)
    Ø For primary applicant (H1), a document with legal notice is provided and asked to read them completely and clearly. Then took finger prints, name, date of birth, place of birth are verified and a sticker on passport, a seal on DS-160 confirmation is provided.
    Ø For H4, took finger prints, verified name, date of birth and place of birth and a sticker on passport, a seal on DS-160 confirmation is provided and we are done for the day.

Main interview: 26th Nov, 2014

Ø Security will check the passport and visa confirmation appointment and will send inside (only two people at a time)
    Ø Security check will be done and should proceed to one room and stand in a queue for document verification.
    Ø Documents are verified and we are sent to main interview
    Ø Will be asked to stand in a queue and will be sent to one of the first 4 windows (whichever is free) where they will check I-797 and passport details
    Ø Then we are asked to stand in a queue in another window for main interview with Consulate
    Ø Questions asked by VO:

o What is your complete name
    § Told my complete name
    o How long have you been with YYYY company
    § XX years and XX months
    o What is your highest qualification
    § ZZZ
    o [to my spouse] How long you have been married
    § XX years
    o [back to me] Who is your end client
    § Told my client name
    o [VO] Great! Your visa is approved and wish you a pleasant stay in United States of America!! and gave a pamphlet for me and another for my wife..

Just be confident and truthful to the VO... Wish you all the very best..!!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X