Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-employer not paying back my reserve amount

Hello Friends,

I used to for x consulting company which I just left. They used to keep few dollars of my hourly billing amount as reserve amount, which after working for them for more than couple of years. The reserve amount now totals to quite big sum (in multiple of 10k's). But these cheap guys are not willing to give me back my money. They are giving all bs reasons to give my money back and not answering my repeated calls. Please advise on what options including legal are left for me to get my righfully owned money. Since this is part of my salary which they held back, can i file complaint with labor for not paying salary clause?

Originally posted by whoami191 View Post
    Hello Friends,

I used to for x consulting company which I just left. They used to keep few dollars of my hourly billing amount as reserve amount, which after working for them for more than couple of years. The reserve amount now totals to quite big sum (in multiple of 10k's). But these cheap guys are not willing to give me back my money. They are giving all bs reasons to give my money back and not answering my repeated calls. Please advise on what options including legal are left for me to get my righfully owned money. Since this is part of my salary which they held back, can i file complaint with labor for not paying salary clause?
    If you were not paid as per LCA then yes you can file a complaint to DOL. I would start by writing them to their official email address copying the HR and your managers that you plan to complain to DOL if the Salary dues are not settled, put in as much details as you can with respect to amount, previous correspondences etc. and then, if no response, talk to an attorney and follow up with an official complaint to DOL.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      If you were not paid as per LCA then yes you can file a complaint to DOL. I would start by writing them to their official email address copying the HR and your managers that you plan to complain to DOL if the Salary dues are not settled, put in as much details as you can with respect to amount, previous correspondences etc. and then, if no response, talk to an attorney and follow up with an official complaint to DOL.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks raghvi, yes i have done that...sent mails to hr and payroll depts along with all the calculations. I will follow-up with them for few days and then proceed with complaint by attorney. Thanks you for reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X