Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for H1 moving to H4, through CP

Hello,

I applied for H1B in April 2014 from within US while on H4.
    Now my H1B is valid from Oct 2014 onwards.
    I am wanting to go back to H4 due to some personal reasons.
    My employer is not sharing the payslips with me yet. I am doubtful if he would share them.

I do know that COS would result in RFE without payslips.

I need to travel to India and planning to get my H4 stamped at the HYD consulate.

Would like your suggestions/comments/thoughts on the below questions please.

1. What are the chances of VO questioning about my H1 (I got approval in Oct and with in 3 months I'm moving to H4) and/or about me maintaining valid H1 status while in US.

2. When should I resign/inform my employer about my intentions to move to H4 (owing to the fact that already he is reluctant to share payslips and being non co-operative; I have no hopes if there is an RFE due to my H1 for my H4 application he would help me out with the required documents).

3. Would there be a RFE on my H4 application due to my H1B.

4. Is it ok to not have any of my payslips and go for H4 stamping. The only documents I have for showing me as an employee of XYZ company are offer letter, mail communications apart from H1 approved petition offcoz. I was not asked to fill out any time sheets or provided with the company email-ID; in case any of you suggest to complain to DOL do I have a valid case here?

5. Do any of you have successfully got your H4 stamped under the same circumstances(i.e.,no payslips & not complained to DOL for no pay/payslips) as me. What were the questions you were posed from VO?

Thanks for the time in reading through the post.
    Appreciate if you could reply on these please.

Thanks
    Last edited by shailu2014; 12-17-2014, 08:36 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X