COS and Name Bifurcation in passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COS and Name Bifurcation in passport

My wife is on H4 and her passport and I-94 is expiring in mid Oct. We are filing for passport renewal and at the same time, would request for name bifurcation to get rid of the FNU issue. (Currently it is First Name: FNU and Last Name: <FirstName LastName>).

She is also going to apply for H4 to H1 COS this year. This has resulted in additional complications. Please let me know how should we proceed after passport renewal/correction.

1. Apply for I-94 extension and then apply for COS in April? Can we apply for I-94 extension as soon as the passport is renewed or do we need to wait until certain period?
    2. Wait for COS to complete and for her to receive updated and extended I-94 based on new status? Will there be any issue in COS process due to Name Bifurcation?

Also, can we expect the I-94 amendment and extension to happen as a single step or would we have to fill I-102 prior to I-94 extension. If so, do we have to pay $330 as fee or is it considered USCIS error?

Apologies for so many questions but I couldn't find specific answer for this situation in the forum. Appreciate your help!!

Guys please help me out. Awaiting your replies

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X