Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Stamping in Feb 2015 - New Delhi Consulate

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for posting all valuable advise over the portal.

Today, i need one more myself and i hope/wish to get some responses from you all.

I completed my MBA in 2012 and got H1 Approved (3 years) the very same year from the lottery. I was not happy with my employer so i decided to transfer in 2014 where i got my approval for 1 year only.

I went to India in Dec 2010 and came back to US on Feb 2011. After that, i never visited. Although, my parents got B1/B2 visa and they visited me in 2013, they stayed here for 45 days and went back.

Also, I could not go for stamping, which i want to do now. However, i have till June 25,2015 approval.

Is there any issue?

I asked my employer to file extension but the end client is not ready to provide any client letter. Though, Vendor or implementing partner (Huge company from India) is ready to mention the date of completion of project till Dec 2015.

Is there any issue?

Can i travel with the current 797 approval document and file the extension at the same time? If yes, once the new approval is granted, my employer can FedEx me the same which later can be used for stamping? if no, can i still go with the stamping on old 797?

I appreciate all your thoughts and advise.

Regards,
    CJS

Originally posted by charan_31007 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks for posting all valuable advise over the portal.

Today, i need one more myself and i hope/wish to get some responses from you all.

I completed my MBA in 2012 and got H1 Approved (3 years) the very same year from the lottery. I was not happy with my employer so i decided to transfer in 2014 where i got my approval for 1 year only.

I went to India in Dec 2010 and came back to US on Feb 2011. After that, i never visited. Although, my parents got B1/B2 visa and they visited me in 2013, they stayed here for 45 days and went back.

Also, I could not go for stamping, which i want to do now. However, i have till June 25,2015 approval.

Is there any issue?

I asked my employer to file extension but the end client is not ready to provide any client letter. Though, Vendor or implementing partner (Huge company from India) is ready to mention the date of completion of project till Dec 2015.

Is there any issue?

Can i travel with the current 797 approval document and file the extension at the same time? If yes, once the new approval is granted, my employer can FedEx me the same which later can be used for stamping? if no, can i still go with the stamping on old 797?

I appreciate all your thoughts and advise.

Regards,
    CJS
    If you go with the current petition you might get H1 only till June 2015, and that is doubtful if you do not have a client letter.

Advisable to go to stamping with an extended H1 petition. So yes, ask employer to file extension, preferably in premium, and once approved you can use that to go for stamping.

The larger question would be that if the end client is not willing to provide you a client letter it might be difficult to secure a visa or an extension merely on the basis of vendor/implementing partner letter.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X