Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No 221g Form or email after Visa stamping interview

Hi

I attended visa stamping interview after passing 6 years in US.
    below were the question i can remember on 2nd Dec 2014 in interview.
    Q: is this new H1
    A: NO
    Q: how long you have been in US.
    A: i went to us in oct 2007. it is more that 6 years.
    Q: Did your company filed for Green card.
    A.: Yes
    Q: please show me the I-140 approval notice. it looks like i797.
    A : i am trying to find.
    Q: i am putting you case in pending state. just find it while sitting on side benches and give it to me right away of later to visa Consulate in Nehru place. i can not give approval if i don't have approval copy. i can not find approval in your document submitted.

he told me it looks like I797 approval notice.
    if i go to check my visa status on CEAC it shows below Message.

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted.

i talk to my company they told they can not share I-140 approval notice to me. so we decided that company will submit it for me. But problem here is that they needed a 221g slip or email communication from Embassy to submit the document.
    Please help what to do next.

Originally posted by sidver2000 View Post
    Hi

I attended visa stamping interview after passing 6 years in US.
    below were the question i can remember on 2nd Dec 2014 in interview.
    Q: is this new H1
    A: NO
    Q: how long you have been in US.
    A: i went to us in oct 2007. it is more that 6 years.
    Q: Did your company filed for Green card.
    A.: Yes
    Q: please show me the I-140 approval notice. it looks like i797.
    A : i am trying to find.
    Q: i am putting you case in pending state. just find it while sitting on side benches and give it to me right away of later to visa Consulate in Nehru place. i can not give approval if i don't have approval copy. i can not find approval in your document submitted.

he told me it looks like I797 approval notice.
    if i go to check my visa status on CEAC it shows below Message.

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted.

i talk to my company they told they can not share I-140 approval notice to me. so we decided that company will submit it for me. But problem here is that they needed a 221g slip or email communication from Embassy to submit the document.
    Please help what to do next.
    Dont they trust you? And why would the company not share the I140 details with you when they know that that's the only basis for you to extend H1 beyond 6th Year. Seems odd.

A possible way to get out of this situation, I would suggest you write a note to the consulate stating if they can provide you with a list of documents to be submitted, hope for a valid response, and take that response back to your employer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Dont they trust you? And why would the company not share the I140 details with you when they know that that's the only basis for you to extend H1 beyond 6th Year. Seems odd.

A possible way to get out of this situation, I would suggest you write a note to the consulate stating if they can provide you with a list of documents to be submitted, hope for a valid response, and take that response back to your employer.

should email to ustraveldocs.com email ID?

Comment

Originally posted by sidver2000 View Post
        should email to ustraveldocs.com email ID?
        Yes start with that.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X