Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS160 for H1 and H4 before marriage - Marital status single or married

Hi

I am on H1B visa and going to India to get married. I will need my H1 visa extension stamping done and also get H4 Visa for my fiance after marriage.
    I am filling up DS 160 form and there is a field Marital status. Since i am not married at the time of submitting the form, should i enter as Single for H1 and H4 or should i enter as Married since during the day of interview I will be married.

Thanks a lot.

I think Married!!!!

As you are going after marriage for Visa stamping you need to put status as Married. Its just an advice, please let me know what you did. I will in similar boat after 4 months

Comment

Originally posted by saisai2014 View Post
      Hi

I am on H1B visa and going to India to get married. I will need my H1 visa extension stamping done and also get H4 Visa for my fiance after marriage.
      I am filling up DS 160 form and there is a field Marital status. Since i am not married at the time of submitting the form, should i enter as Single for H1 and H4 or should i enter as Married since during the day of interview I will be married.

Thanks a lot.
      Hi sai,

How did you proceed finally? Did you wait for your wedding before fillling ds160 or you filled and scheduled appointment before to your wedding?

What did you give in marital status section, if you filled ds160 before marriage ( Did you mention your spouse name and other details - wherever you were prompted for?)

I am on same boat now.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X