Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Visa 221(g) form at Mumbai consulate

Dear Friends,

I am one among the thousands(or more) of applicants waiting for US visa with 221G case- administrative processing. I was given a Blue slip on Dec 23rd 2014 and asked to submit the documents given on the list.

I have emailed all the documents to the email provided on 25th dec 2014. I have not received any acknowledgement from the automated email from them yet. I tried calling them and I was asked to resend the documents on [email protected]. They told me that they will forward my information to the concerned authorities and get back to me in 1-2 business days.

I have sent my documents again to [email protected] again after I spoke with them. I still have not received any automated confirmation from that email.
    I am not sure if this is usual. Is there any way to know if my documents were received by them or not?

I am worried because i have to return to USA for my job again.

Please help me

Thank you

Originally posted by maxy_spy View Post
    Dear Friends,

I am one among the thousands(or more) of applicants waiting for US visa with 221G case- administrative processing. I was given a Blue slip on Dec 23rd 2014 and asked to submit the documents given on the list.

I have emailed all the documents to the email provided on 25th dec 2014. I have not received any acknowledgement from the automated email from them yet. I tried calling them and I was asked to resend the documents on [email protected]. They told me that they will forward my information to the concerned authorities and get back to me in 1-2 business days.

I have sent my documents again to [email protected] again after I spoke with them. I still have not received any automated confirmation from that email.
    I am not sure if this is usual. Is there any way to know if my documents were received by them or not?

Please help me

Thank you
    Its the holiday season so expect some delays. You will have to wait this phase out patiently no other way. Keep employer in loop.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Its the holiday season so expect some delays. You will have to wait this phase out patiently no other way. Keep employer in loop.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Hi Raghvi,
      Thanks for the reply. I thought that the acknowledgment are automated but correct me if I am wrong here.

Comment

Dear Friends,

Please help me

Thank you

I have a feeling that this is happening in Mumbai a lot. I noticed 2 other people have similar problems. Your best bet is to call and verify that they received the documents as soon as possible since the actual administrative processing doesn't begin until they receive the documents. Looks like something is broken on the consulate side. All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by weather View Post
          I have a feeling that this is happening in Mumbai a lot. I noticed 2 other people have similar problems on **** ** forums too. Your best bet is to call and verify that they received the documents as soon as possible since the actual administrative processing doesn't begin until they receive the documents. Looks like something is broken on the consulate side. All the best.
          Hi Weather,
          I tried calling them. The helpdesk people are not very friendly. They tell to send an email to them and they would resolve it in 24-48 hrs. I tired that still I have not received any concrete answers. Do you have a number where I can reach?

thanks

Comment

Hi Weather,
            I tried calling them. The helpdesk people are not very friendly. They tell to send an email to them and they would resolve it in 24-48 hrs. I tired that still I have not received any concrete answers. Do you have a number where I can reach?

thanks
            The only numbers I know of are the ones on their website which turn out to be the help desk numbers. Also, the 221g form should include some numbers at the bottom. Have you tried calling those?

Comment

Hi Maxy Spy, even I didn't get any acknowledgement from Mumbai consulate on the receipt of the document.

What happened to your case, did you receive it later and your case get processed?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X