Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa appointment Petitioner's Name

Hi Guys,

Applying for H4 for my wife. I have few questions regarding Petitioner's Name

What should I enter for following:
    1. Principle Applicant's Name
    2. Principle Applicant's Visa Status
    3. Petitioner :- This has 4 segments, Name, Start date, Receipt number and Expiration date

My employer's immigration lawyer gave me unofficial tip:

**If your wife is applying for the H-4 visa, she is the principal applicant and there is no “petitioner” information that needs to be entered. When you alter the form to reflect these answers, the Form should change and follow a track more suitable for an H-4 visa applicant. It should be reflected that you hold H-1B status and are in the U.S. and she is applying for an H-4 visa to accompany you to the U.S.

But when I try his suggestion nothing changes, form still asks for 'Petitioner' info. 'Petitioner' is marked as mandatory field.

Originally posted by mgarg View Post
    Hi Guys,

Applying for H4 for my wife. I have few questions regarding Petitioner's Name

What should I enter for following:
    1. Principle Applicant's Name
    2. Principle Applicant's Visa Status
    3. Petitioner :- This has 4 segments, Name, Start date, Receipt number and Expiration date

My employer's immigration lawyer gave me unofficial tip:

**If your wife is applying for the H-4 visa, she is the principal applicant and there is no “petitioner” information that needs to be entered. When you alter the form to reflect these answers, the Form should change and follow a track more suitable for an H-4 visa applicant. It should be reflected that you hold H-1B status and are in the U.S. and she is applying for an H-4 visa to accompany you to the U.S.

But when I try his suggestion nothing changes, form still asks for 'Petitioner' info. 'Petitioner' is marked as mandatory field.
    Principal Applicant Information : Surname -husband's surname, Given Names -husband's name
    Principle Applicant's Visa Status : Your Current visa status if in US, if you are in US and she is applying for H4 you should be in US on H1 status.
    Application Receipt/Petition Number : Husband's Petition No.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X