Reagrding Passport after Visa interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reagrding Passport after Visa interview

I have my H1 visa interview next week. Due to my current project requirement I have to travel to another country after 4 weeks and I have to apply for the visa for that country ASAP.

I have two questions,

1. If the visa is approved, I think it takes about 7 working days to get the passport( which should be fine), can there be problems/questions from another country embassy that she already has a H1B VISA for USA and she is applying for business visa for another country from her current company?

2. If the visa is not approved, how long it takes to get the passport back? and what is the process to get the passport back ASAP?

Requesting reply from experts because if there can be delays in getting the passport back( even in case of 1%) , I would reschedule my appointment after my travel.

Thanks
    Last edited by sakshi1982; 12-30-2014, 03:41 PM.

Reagrding Passport after Visa interview

No one can predict what would really happen. I don't think that other country would raise any questions on this.

If I am you, I would reschedule my appointment after my return from that other country. Atleast it will give you a peace.

This is my opinion.

Comment

If visa is approved, you may get the passport with in a week days by courier at your doorstep or you can take your passport from the consulate by hand(it is faster), showing the receipt, which you received from VO at the end of your interview. You can also request VO to release the passport at the earliest by explaining your situation after approving the visa. ( I requested VO and received my passport with B1 visa in two days by hand. But, I can't guarantee that the same thing will happen in your case)

If your case put in to the administrative process, then nobody knows when it will be completed.

If your visa is denied, they will handover the passport immediately after the interview.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

If visa is approved, how soon is the passport available for pickup? Is it available the same day as the visa interview or the next working day? Please advise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X